Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314 OS 6-9-4 Hotfix 1 Virus Removal Tools

orsmith
Tutor

ReadyNAS 314 OS 6-9-4 Hotfix 1 Virus Removal Tools

Does anyone know of any virus removal tools to use in removing viruses detected by the vires detection function in the OS?

Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 314 OS 6-9-4 Hotfix 1 Virus Removal Tools

Hi orsmith,

We actually do not have a virus removal tool for the NAS. You will just need to manually delete those files. We do not want false positives to delete his data.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
orsmith
Tutor

With OS 6-9-4 Hotfix 1 Virus Removal Tools, and OS 6-9-5, I have again begun receiving alerts such as "Antivirus scanner found a threat ( Win.Virus.Sality-6782999-0) in the file /job_010/FastLaptopRecoveryBackup/FASTLAPTOP OS_INSTALL/FastLaptop Users/ChipAdmin/AppData/Roaming/Real/Update/temp/~Upg0/rnupgagent.exe. Please delete the infected file soon" for many files. These are false positives.  In fact, I am unable to locate and delete these files because they cannot be located by the file search function in the ReadyNAS OS.  Also, the files being reported by the ReadyNAS OS as containing viruses are not being reportred as containing viruses by my Windows virus protection s/w before or after they are copied to the ReadyNAS. The alert messages being generated by the ReadyNAS are swamping my email system, but belive I could avoid the problem by using a filename whitelist and posting to the whitelist the files being falsely reported as infected.  Can we get Netgear to ad a file whitelist feature to the ReadyNAS OS?  Is there another virus protection product we could run on the ReadyNAS?

Message 3 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi orsmith,

You can post on our ReadyNAS Idea Exchange regarding the suggestion of adding a whitelist feature on ReadyNAS.  Adding kudos to the ideas will help, as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

For the virus protection, we only have ClamAV on our ReadyNAS.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7