Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 104 - Slow transfer speeds

Supermec
Aspirant

Readynas 104 - Slow transfer speeds

Hello! 

I am having trouble understanding why my NAS104 has a very slow tranfer rate of 7MB/sec? I have both of its interfaces teamed and in LACP layer 3+4 and connected to a cisco Gig ports. I cannot understand how the transfer rate is stuck at 7MB/sec (Read and Write). Can someone tell me what I am missing? Or how to solve this?

Thanks!

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 104 - Slow transfer speeds

Hi @Supermec

Welcome to the Community!

What firmware is the NAS running? Have you tried running on single NIC? Can you share a copy of your fuil logs through PM using Google drive?

Regards

Message 2 of 9
Supermec
Aspirant

Hi there @Marc_V  -

I am on firmware 6.9.5, and I have tried a single NIC, still getting average of 10 MB (see attached picture). As far as the logs go, what log exactly are you interested in? There are many files in the exported logs, so I have to make sure that I've not sharing anything private. I am not sure what "fuil log" as there isn't any file with that name.

Message 3 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Supermec,

What @Marc_V meant for the 'full log' is the complete system logs that you have downloaded. You may just upload it to Google drive then PM him the download link.

Regards,

Message 4 of 9
Supermec
Aspirant

Hi @JohnCM_S 

Thanks for you reply, but I don't feel comfortable sharing the entire file with all the private data listed in different files. So can @Marc_V tell me what files he'll be checking in the logs, I can check them out and remove all private info.

Message 5 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Supermec

What speed has been recognized on your NAS? 1Gig? Have you tried changing your Eth cable?

You may want to try running NAStester and see how it performs.

Regards

Message 6 of 9
Supermec
Aspirant

Hey @Marc_V ,

Sorry it took me this long to get back here (never got a notification that you replied). I attached screenshots on my previous post showing what NAStester was reporting. I have done all the basic steps you can think of, including swapping cables.

Message 7 of 9
Supermec
Aspirant

Any update, @Marc_V ?

Message 8 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Supermec

I submitted the result you posted, it would be better if you can contact Support about the issue so they can investigate on this and have your NAS checked by higher tier Support.

Regards

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7