Recap of National Cyber Security Awareness Month - #BeCyberSmart
As National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) winds down, we must remember that practicing cyber safety and awareness should be something we incorporate into our daily lives. Being connected continues to play an important role in our lives whether we’re at home, work, school, or our out enjoying ourselves. It should serve as a reminder that it’s important that we be cyber aware and take that extra precaution to Own It, Secure It, and Protect It.
Below, we share some tips from the National Cyber Security Alliance, as well as some short videos talking about how you can keep yourself safe by practicing this year’s NCSAM overarching theme.
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Update Privacy Settings
- Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications
- Shake Up Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Play Hard To Get With Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
Read our article on "Secure It"
- If You Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems
- Stay Protected While Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keeping customer/consumer data and information safe
Re: Recap of National Cyber Security Awareness Month - #BeCyberSmart
Yea Cyber Safety is a procuring issue these days, Care has to be taken.