Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove Bitdefender from Orbi

Fbfrank
Tutor

Remove Bitdefender from Orbi

Armor Bitdefender is advertisezed as a total solution, but it does not address the VPN issue for mobile devices.  I have contacted both Netgear and Bitdefender about this and have not received a solution from either to using VPN with Armor version of Bitdefender.

I want to remove the Bitdefender trial activation from my Orbi.  How do I do this? If removing bitdefender is not an option, what happens when my trial period ends and I do not want to continue the subscription? Will I get a notice that my trial is finished and asking if I want to buy into a regular subscription to which I say that I don't want to continue?

Thanks for any responses.

Frank

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Re: Remove Bitdefender from Orbi

@Fbfrank wrote:

... it does not address the VPN issue for mobile devices.  ...

What VPN issue please?

Message 2 of 7
Fbfrank
Tutor

@schumaku wrote:

@Fbfrank wrote:

... it does not address the VPN issue for mobile devices.  ...

What VPN issue please?

I have a Netgear Orbi router.  Netgear decided to incorporate Bitdefender on the router which allows download of Bitdefender Total Security onto your PCs as part of the package.  So far, so good.  Now the bad part. Total Security does not include VPN. There is no way to put Bitdefender VPN on a windows laptop without downloading another copy of Bitdefender Total Security from the Bitdefender website.  The Bitdefender software for the Orbi router does not include a way to download or buy the VPN.

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

It's not Netgear packaging anything for the client - ahe client software to install on the supported OS does come from Bitdefender.

You talk of the Bitdefender VPN options - https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/vpn.html - where at least the Basic VPN _is_ part of the Bitdefender Total Security bundled, and the optional Premium VPN should be optional without a duplicating installation.

If this is not possible, that's problem Netgear has to address with Bitdefender @Christian_R  please.

Message 4 of 7
Fbfrank
Tutor

Basic VPN basic is not adiquit for normal internet use,  You must have the unlimited service to get real.

Message 5 of 7
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi there @Fbfrank . Now I get it. What you're looking for is unlimited VPN, which is a feature that was NEVER advertised as part of the Netgear Armor package. I have Nord VPN installed on all my devices and they all work quite well with Netgear Armor.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
Fbfrank
Tutor

@Orbi-Roc wrote:

Hi there @Fbfrank . Now I get it. What you're looking for is unlimited VPN, which is a feature that was NEVER advertised as part of the Netgear Armor package. I have Nord VPN installed on all my devices and they all work quite well with Netgear Armor.

NordVPN is what I ended up with as well.  The three-year plan was the most cost affective so I went with that.  After the trial period is over, I will probibly stay with the Bitdefender on my Orbi since it does find attacks that I would have missed if I did not have it.  As far as my desktop and Laptop PCs, I went back to my Norton Internet Security, but not the Norton VPN. The NordVPN seems to be faster in VPN mode and it's cost is much less.

Frank

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7