Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Scanning attack Google nest hub

dkm36030
Follower

Scanning attack Google nest hub

My orbi keeps on notifying me about a blocked scanning attach on my Google nest devices, any insights here?
Model: SRK60B05|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
Robell1981
Star

I have started to experience this as well with my Orbi RBR850 mesh system.  We have a ton of Google devices in our house, however, this only seems to be happening on our older smart displays.  The newer Nest Home Hubs with Sleep Sensing do not appear to be having this issue.  However, to make this more complicated, out of the two devices that are seeming to put out these alerts one of them had over 30 on and the other only had 6.

This seems to have started for me yesterday (August 19th).  Does anyone know if the smart display software was updated recently and maybe that is causing this issue?  I am worried to let the device back on to my network because I don't know if someone actually got inside my network or what.

Message 2 of 6
TWHBW
Tutor

Same thing started happens to me yesterday, and only on two older Nest hubs. I've rebooted them both and my router to no avail.
Message 3 of 6
Robell1981
Star

I've also changed my wifi passwords and factory reset the orbi and it still occurs.
Message 4 of 6
Robell1981
Star

Adding a link to this other thread here reporting the same thing:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Armor-Blocking-Repetitive-Port-Scan-Attacks-on-Google...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
RDHD
Aspirant

Aug 26th and same exact thing as everyone else. I had to unplug both my hubs. And the alerts stopped. What's happening, anyone got answers?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7