Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Too many confusing Armour mobile apps, need clarification

Too many confusing Armour mobile apps, need clarification

I'm very confused about all the BitDefender/Netgear Armor iOS apps and am hoping someone can claify.  I've been on Armour for 2 months.

There's "Netgear Armor".  It has "Web protection" which is some kind of VPN and scans your traffic.  Its protected me and my wife from a few malware issues and malicious websites.  I want to keep it.

However there's also "VPN for Netgear Armor".  I wanted a full fledged unlimited VPN so I bought this with Unlimited traffic.  When I turn it on it DISABLED "Netgear Armour".  Does it do the same scans or is it a pure VPN?

How do I use these 2 on iOS to make sure I'm annoymous AND safe?  The Amror FAQ mentions downloading "Bitdefender Total Security". but I couldn't find that in the appstore.  Also I couldn't log into Bitdefender with my Netgear account so they aren't compatible.

Someone help me out here......

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Two more questions:  

1) If I have Armour on my router, is it doing the same scanning as the iOS app?  Like do I even need the iOS app if I'm home?

2) Can I configure my router to use the BitDefender VPN?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Lou_can
Aspirant

Scooby - any updates to your condition?   I am having sporadic issues with the iOS Bitdefender VPN impacting my apps.  Most times, this is resolved by turning my wifi off/on - presumably re-establishing a new VPN session.  I have tried to disable the VPN via settings, but the install automatically turns it back on.  Recently, I've had one specific nagging issue with an app - that continues to re-occur on 1 device....   I will be starting another topic to address this...

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7