Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tutorial: How to access billing info for Armor

Gith
Follower

Tutorial: How to access billing info for Armor

I am writing this as a courtesy, and to hopefully help other new users of Netgear's armor service.   I recently purchased the R8000P, activated the trial and, upon finding the BitDefender software satisfactory, decided to purchase a full year.

The email said that the subscription was NOT set to auto renew.   This was troubling, so I took a look... 

...and there was no info that I could find in expected areas and searches.   Apparently neither Bitdefender nor Netgear had implemented any direct method to check your billing that was obvious.   Following the clues at BitDefender support, I finally found the site - 2Checkout (once Avangate): https://secure.2co.com/myaccount/

Located in the "How do I cancel my subscription?" entry - the most unintuitive place to check if all you're wanting to do is check the status of it.

After a quick glance at other Bitdefender support entries, more relevant info is here: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29214/

Thankfully, setting up access was... kinda easy?

1. Use the email address you used when signing up.  You'll get an email with a...badly formed link.
  2. Copy and paste the address in that email to a new tab.  Do not just click that link.   Nothing bad will happen, it just won't work properly.   You gotta copy and paste.
  3. Complete setup with whatever password you wish to use.

That was all just to confirm that YES, the darn subscription is set to automatically renew.   Which seemed awfully silly.

Recommendation to Netgear:   Add new KB articles detailing how to access 2Checkout to check billing.   If nothing else, refer to that specific Bitdefender support page I linked above.

It'd be very helpful.  It's something I really, really wish was available while I was flailing in my searches.

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Tutorial: How to access billing info for Armor

Hi Gith,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We will have your feedback forwarded to the team.

Best,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7