Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unrecognized Devices "Joining" Network

Athenross
Follower

Unrecognized Devices "Joining" Network

Hello everyone,

Have a quick question regarding my Orbi and Armor.  I have my system setup so that I have to "approve" any device joining my network.  Recently, I started seeing alerts in Armor that a "Generic Streaming Device" was detected on my network with a MAC address listed.  Now, usually this is some device from a family member being setup, and I have to confirm what it is with who is setting it up and approve it to join the network.

However, these last few times, they have been MAC addresses that don't match anything on my network, and there are no devices waiting for "approval" to join the network on my device list.  Would this be other devices (perhaps neighbors) attempting to join my secured network unsuccessfully, or should I be worried about something more sinister?

Thanks in advance!

~Athenross

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Unrecognized Devices "Joining" Network

@Athenross wrote:

Hello everyone,

Have a quick question regarding my Orbi and Armor. 

My impression is that most of us who participate regularly in this Orbi forum have little experience with Bitdefender Armor.

You are much more likely to get a useful response by posting in the forum specifically devoted to Armor:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7