Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unwanted printing

FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard. When completed, do not enable Armor. Should fix your issue. 

@Carlosam wrote:
I have two new wireless HP printers, OJ7740 and LJ148. Since installed Orbi (security activated), I get 3 pages printed per unit every day. Total waste of paper. Any fix?

Message 51 of 58
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Registered to let others know I have/had the same issue with my Brother printer and Orbi RBR20 (router) and two satellites. I originally had RBR20 with one satellite running V2.3.5.26 firmware and did not experience this issue at all. However, I upgraded my system and added a new satellite last week. In the process, it upgraded the firmware to the latest (not sure which one) at which point it randomly popped out three pages with the codes on them. I thought my internet speeds were not as good on the latest firmware so I downgraded back to V2.3.5.26. I haven't had the issue yet, BUT I will monitor it for a few more days; I think it happened to one of the posters once a week. I have Armor enabled right now.

Message 52 of 58
philwen1270
Aspirant

have same problem. What is the fix?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 53 of 58
larryindublin
Luminary

For me (HP color laserjet) it stopped when I updated printer to latest firmware.
Message 54 of 58
Milo8
Aspirant

I recieve 3 nearly blank pages with text like:

HEAD  \. HTTP/1.1

Host: 192.168.1.20:9100

User-Agent: curl/7.59.0

Accept: */*

This only began recently.

My printer is a Brother HL-3180CDW

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 55 of 58
Jshimko
Aspirant

Keep getting automatic unwanted printing on my wireless Brother 22700 printer. two to three sheets per print. with the following test

GET  /  HTTP/1.1

Host: 192.xxx.x.x

User - Agent cur1/7.59.0

Message 56 of 58
larryindublin
Luminary

@Jshimko wrote:

Keep getting automatic unwanted printing on my wireless Brother 22700 printer. two to three sheets per print. with the following test

GET  /  HTTP/1.1

Host: 192.xxx.x.x

User - Agent cur1/7.59.0

In my experience with the same issue (but an HP Color Laserjet) I found that it stopped happening when I upgraded the firmware on the printer. I also try to run the latest firmware on my router as well.

Message 57 of 58
tomsteen
Aspirant

Can I please have the message too?

Message 58 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7