Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Using Netgear Armor with Bitdefender device protection

Waugust
Aspirant

Using Netgear Armor with Bitdefender device protection

I have a family pack subscription to Bitdefender and have installed it on our mobile phones, tablets, and computers. When I clicked on "Security" on the Orbi app on my phone, I get a message saying my Netgear Armor subscription has expired. As far as I know I never had one but maybe a limited time one was included when I bought the Orbi? I've since learned the two subscriptions are separate; do I need both? The Netgear Armor video talks about providing device protection when away from home. Is there conflict were I to have both subscriptions? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Message 2 of 4
Waugust
Aspirant

Thanks for the response Dexter, this helps, but I still have a couple of questions. 

Does Netgear Armor negate the need for the separate Bitdender subscription I now have installed on individual devices used away from my home network? The Netgear Armor promotional video seems to suggest it did. 

If I subscribe to both is there any potential for conflict, particularly when using Bitdefender VPN, which I was told is not part of Netgear Armor.

Not concerned about paying the extra $70 for Netgear Armor but no sense doing that if it does what Bitdender will do and/or if the two would interfere with each other.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Waugust, both use the Bitdefender database for their features. Yes, you're correct that the NETGEAR Armor currently does not have the VPN feature that the stand alone Bitdefender has. However, Armor does function on the router level for your home network thus covering devices where you are not able to install the Bitdefender software.

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7