Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: V1.3.1.64_10.1.36 firmware update

gdborch
Guide

V1.3.1.64_10.1.36 firmware update

after the firmware upgrade i can no longer access Armor through the web portal.Clicking on the Armor option provides a message that i am not subscribed. The nighthawk app, and bitdefender itself, says that i am subscribed and that Armor is active. It looks like the firmware upgrade was meant to enable new armor features but the current situation is just confusing .  has anyone solved this?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

For future reference, Armor has its own bolt hole:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @gdborch,

If you haven't yet, you can try resetting the router to factory defaults and see if that fixes the issue. Let us know what happens.

Dexter

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @gdborch,

Were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 4 of 5
gdborch
Guide

as others have said resetting doesnt fix it.

it has now caused me to give up armor completely and find another solution. its not really acceptable for a security solution to fail on a firmware upgrade and have Netgear not take any action or show any concern about it. The whole netgear/armor experience has been very dissapointing. Bitdefender is good and working well for me and their support is excellent. The router part of netgear is fine and works well but the armor approach lacks many features of the bitdefender box2 offering and has very poor support  except where bitdefender themselves are trying to help out. the armor subscription payment has been a waste of money for me. Now using the bitdefender box2  and bidefender central which is much, much better. Yes, some features of the netgear router are not available in AP mode but they are either features that i dont need or can be achieved in another way. interestingly one of the vulnerabilities in my network that bitdefender identifies is the R7000P router itself (insecure authentication procedure). Armor is a great idea from Netgear but it, and security in general, needs to be taken much more seriously by them if it is to be a good solution.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7