Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What Features Does NETGEAR Armor Offer During My Free Trial?

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What Features Does NETGEAR Armor Offer During My Free Trial?

Armor Orbi 2.jpgNETGEAR Armor is an advanced multi-layer cyber security solution that protects your connected home from Internet threats. Not only does Armor protect your home network, it also protects any individual devices both at home and on-the-go. With Armor, you’ll be safe from viruses, spyware, hackers, spam & phishing.

Features of NETGEAR Armor include:

• Network vulnerability assessment – By regularly scanning all Internet connected devices, Armor helps keep you safe from potential security vulnerabilities, such as unauthorized access, data theft, or malicious attacks. Additional vulnerability checks include open ports, password strength, firmware version, and other potential security weaknesses.
  • End point device protection – With Armor, all end point devices like computers, mobile devices and smart home devices stay protected. Even better, those same devices will retain protection by Armor regardless if the devices are connected locally or remotely.
  • Automatic security updates – Armor keeps you in the know, providing status updates of your home network and devices. By receiving real-time updates and alerts you’ll be able to take quick action on any malicious threats or vulnerabilities.
  • Device detection and management – Receive immediate notifications from Armor if an unknown device connects or attempts to connect to your network. From the Nighthawk or Orbi App, you’ll be able to take immediate action and manage or block any devices that may be a potential threat.

For more information about NETGEAR Armor and to sign up for your limited free trial, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

NETGEAR Armor FAQs

Message 1 of 4
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thank you @Dustin_V . 

Are all of the features included in the Netgear Armor as a standalone application; or do some features require BD Total Security to be installed on local iOS, OSX, Windows and Android devices.

I'm writing this post on a MacBook Pro and BD Total Security installed just a couple of days ago. What additional features did I gain by doing so as opposed to just have Armor running on the Orbi router as a standalone application.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Orbi-Roc 

Some features such as anti-theft (ability to locate, lock, wipe device, etc.) and antivirus protection when not on home WiFi network do require Bitdefender Total Security to be installed. For more details, please see: https://www.bitdefender.com/netgear/#tsmd_features for features specific to local protection software

Message 3 of 4
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thank you @Dustin_V , much appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7