Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When will Nighthawk X10 (R9000) be compatible with Netgear Armor?

RonS32
Follower

When will Nighthawk X10 (R9000) be compatible with Netgear Armor?

I've been a long time BitDefender user and was looking to get the BitDefender BOX v2 appliance for overall home protection. Spoke to their tech support and they've been sold out of the devices for a month with no idea when sales will resume because the global  pandemic situation has been causing production issues.  Fortunately, the tech told me that Netgear routers had a service called Netgear Armor that uses the BitDefender technology.  To me, that was the perfect solution since I do have a Netgear Nighthawk router and it meant I wouldn't have to buy the BOX v2 anymore and pay their annual subscription after the first year.

However...I tried to follow the video to set up Netgear Armor and was confused why the Security button was not showing up in my Nighthawk App.  I was later very disappointed to learn through some older discussions that it's not there because the award winning Nighthawk X10 (R9000) isn't compatible with Netgear Armor!  

So my question to anyone out there...is there a plan to get the R9000 compatible with Netgear Armor and if so, when can we expect it?  Or should I just stick to my original plan of buying the BitDefender BOX v2 when it becomes available again?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: When will Nighthawk X10 (R9000) be compatible with Netgear Armor?

Netgear doesn't release eta's on device features. And they don't release which devices are even going to get it. 

A moderator *might* know but they are rarely on here and potentially can't say anything either. 

So your options are a bit limited to keep waiting to see if it does get it or if the bitdefender box is released prior to then. 

Or buy a supported router. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7