Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

White List Devices with Armor

TigerTiger
Tutor

White List Devices with Armor

Just installed Armor.  It succeded in finding my devices BUT...

my printer uses Amazon to automatically connect to Amazon if it's low on ink and order some (nice feature).

It must reconnect to my network at random times.  It looks like Armor sees the printer as it reconnects as a new device and I'm continually notified of this.

Can I get Armor to "remember" the printer and not think it's new?

Thank you.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: White List Devices with Armor

My guess is that people who follow the Armor community forum will be more likely to have an answer to your question:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

Just as a point of information: How is it that this printer is not usually connected to the Orbi network, and only connects to the network when it needs to order ink?  Do you never print to the printer?

Message 2 of 4
TigerTiger
Tutor

Thanks for replying.

The printer is always connected to my WiFi for printing, but may try to connect to the internet randomly to get to Amazon.  Like "Amazon Dash" buttons.  I can't explain what is happening.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry I was so slow.  Of course the printer is always on the LAN.  My first exposure to a printer that decides to order things for itself.  Oh, my!

I still think the Armor forum is your best bet.  I watched the cute video, and it never mentioned anything about notifications.  Nor can I find a "User Guide" anywhere.  My "guess" is that there is some sort of "time out" feature where devices that have not accessed the internet in some time drop off, so when the printer does it again, it is "new".

Good Luck

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7