Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows Bitdefender installation

Doug6392
Guide

Windows Bitdefender installation

I just updated to v 2.3.1.60, and decided to activate Armor for a 90-day trial.  I downloaded Bitdefender to my Android phone and tablet, and to 2 of my 3 Windows laptops without any issues.  When I tried to install the software to the 3rd machine, Bitdefender told me my trial had expired and I must purchase an activation code.  I stress that I started the trial today, and that according to my Orbi app, it's active until July 31st.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. Thanks for any assistance.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
Doug6392
Guide

Re: Windows Bitdefender installation

Further to the above, now all of the devices to which I installed Bitdefender are showing that my subscription - allegedly good until the end of July - has expired. Not impressed with the trial so far: several hours work for pretty much nothing.
Message 2 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Doug6392, welcome to the community! This can be best addressed by Bitdefender since they can sort this on their end. We recommend going to the link below for their support.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 3 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Please help me understand this. When Netgear router users decide to activate Armor, they are transacting with Netgear, not Bitdefender. So why is it that Netgear defer to Bitdefender when users run into trouble and need support. Are subscriptions to ARMOR paid to Netgear or Bitdefender? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Orbi-Roc, thank you for your interest. We work in tandem with Bitdefender for the Armor feature. NETGEAR covers the activation process along with device/app (Nighthawk/Orbi) specific concerns while Bitdefender takes care of subscription, billing, software, detections, and other features since they are easily able to address it.

Dexter 

Message 5 of 6
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thank you @DexterJB . So the Bitdefender Community would thus be the best place for me to go to get a user feedback as to how well Armor/Bitdefender works with Netgear routers.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7