Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 Armor Issues Constant Crash

monroli
Tutor

XR1000 Armor Issues Constant Crash

Hey everyone,

Posted this in the wrong forum before, however 2nd attempt lucky.

Despite multiple cases with netgear support, i'm left to vent my frustrations here, in hope someone will have better advice.

I recently purchased an XR1000 and am facing a constant corupt config file issue.

Here's some brief details

1: Issues only caused when running with Armor (support can't understand this!!)

2: At random will stop all port forwarding working, only fix is to reboot the router

3: At random when trying to access the admin panel, errors out with the following (

Failed to readline from 'config get DumaOS_Theme_Version'

4: Once error shows, a reboot of the router causes the config to wipe back to factory settings.

This is incredibly annoying given this is such an expensive router and in their "pro" lineup.

It's running the current firmware (V1.0.0.58_1.0.44)

Does anyone have any ideas moving forward? Again, only happens if Armor is active on the router (did the 90 second reset which caused armor to fail to load and support took 3 weeks to fix this! During the time it wasn't active there was no issue with ports not working/config corrupting).

Have already tried to reconfigure multiple times, same issue.

Message 1 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 Armor Issues Constant Crash

I think that would probably be something for the Armor team to look into as it seems to have ramifications not just for DumaOS but for the entire router. If you're rebooting by unplugging the power that is probably why it is losing settings, you should reboot by using the power button or from the interface and this will act as a hard save if you unplug the router later on.

I'd suggest you reinstall the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset for a fresh install. https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?artic...
Message 2 of 13
monroli
Tutor

Thanks for the reply @Netduma-Fraser

That's the issue, I've done a flush of the firmware and I'm rebooting via the power button.

I've also tried the restart button in the Nighthawk iOS app, same result where it resets to factory default, but only once it shows that error on the ip login page. If I reboot prior to that error showing, no issues.

Any other thoughts here?

Message 3 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So you've done TFTP before? I think really the only thing that can be done is to disable Armor and wait for the issues to be fixed - Armor doesn't have any settings that be specifically changed to help
Message 4 of 13
Uniqueason
Initiate

What i could write here is I already received a remplacement for the XR1000 and I still have the SAME issue :(.
image.png

I've tried EVERYTHING i can do to fix the issue. 
When there will be a FIX for this ?!
The bug still prensent since the summer guys -_-.

Not impress.

Regards,

Message 5 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately as a member of the Netduma Team and not Netgear, I don't know when they'll be providing a fix for this. My suggestion would be to raise another ticket with Netgear or re-open the RMA ticket you had previously and explain that this is still an issue.

Message 6 of 13
TwoDogs22
Aspirant

I have the same problem in the same 3mth old router. So disappointing and annoying

Message 7 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

To be clear, with Armor disabled you're not experiencing this issue? 

Message 8 of 13
TwoDogs22
Aspirant

I have an Armor sub so no I haven't disabled it.  If I were to is that an easy task?

Thx

Message 9 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yes, I believe you can quickly disable it from your Nighthawk App. Try that and see if it resolves your issue.

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Though I don't have a XR1000, I wanted to try this on a XR450. Went thru the entire Amor setup process for the router and 1 wired PC. Got it all enabled and it's been up and running since Friday and working well. 

BDArmorEnabled.pngBDHomeScreen.png

Though i found this in my networking adatpers list after. This was not present prior to installing Armor on my Windows 10 PC:

UknownAdapterAfterBDInstall.png

Possible there maybe a HW and app problem differences on the XR1000. I have let NG know about this issue seen on the XR1000. 

Message 11 of 13
TwoDogs22
Aspirant

I couldn't see in the app where to disable Armor, however I want it working.

On Friday night the app advised it wanted to do  firmware update to the router.  I approved it and sure enough the end of the process was an updated router that was back at factory settings.

I have a replacement being sent by Netgear so will leave it working until that arrives and then see if all is ok with the new one.

I can rebuild the router in about 30mins now I've done it about ten times haha

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad your in contact with NG support. Keep us posted on how it goes with RMA router...

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7