Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Unknown error occured" Armor Orbi RBK852

Neosegauk
Tutor

"Unknown error occured" Armor Orbi RBK852

Hi There,

I just got my NETGEAR WiFi 6 Orbi
AX6000 WiFi 6 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK852) system. I set up everything up using the Orbi app. All was going well and I activated the 30 day free trial of Armor, I used the wrong email address in my netgear sign up so changed it via netgear.com. When I re logged into the Orbi app using the corrected email address and try and open Armor I get "Unknown error occured". I've tried logging into https://armor.netgear.com/ and I can see my router, it's also showing my new email addresand it looks fine yet I can't access it in the Orbi app.

I've tried restarting the router, resetting via the pinhole and to no avail. I've even tried enabling and disabling Anywhere access in settings but no change.

Anyone had this and fixed it?
Message 1 of 16
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: "Unknown error occured" Armor Orbi RBK852

Hello Neosegauk,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

I've done that. Now been waiting nearly a week for any kind of resolution. In all honesty it's not been great service. I'm thinking of sending it back to Amazon and writing a review of how poor your customer services is :(. Amazing hardware just really bad software and customer service.
Message 3 of 16
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello,

May you send me a private message with your case number(s) and email address and I can look into your case further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

Sent you a message
Message 5 of 16
Dugguh
Tutor

Same problem. I let my subscription expire because of it. I'm not paying for something that doesn't work, and the support sucks. Even billing is a nightmare.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 6 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

Even after all this time they've still not been able to fix it. Madness.
Message 7 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

How long has this been going on for you? I just don't get why it's taking so long to fix.
Message 8 of 16
Dugguh
Tutor

If you were replying to me, I noticed it when my subscription was coming to and end. I cancelled my auto renewal and uninstalled from my clients. Netgear sucks. They sell unsupported crap. No more Netgear products for me.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 9 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

Mine never worked. I changed my email address as it was wrong when creating my netgear account. Now when I try and access the Security in the Orbi app it just says Unknown error occured. It's been like this since buying the mesh in May. The Netgear support has been nothing short of poor. The have contacted me 4 times and no resolution yet.
Message 10 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

Christian,

Do we have any update on what's happening here. As discussed it's now been since May this has been happening and still no resolution. Considering the amount I paid for the mesh system the support here is really shocking.
Message 11 of 16
Dugguh
Tutor

Re: Unknown error occured; Armor Orbi RBK852

I don't think you'll get much help on the community forum. If you're out of warranty to call, I'd try a factory reset on your Orbi. If that doesn't work, reset and try the original email account you activated with.
Message 12 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

Reset it. Factory reset. Even tried the original email. Still the same issue. It's still in warranty but at the rate it's going the free technical support will end. Makes you wonder if they are doing it on purpose to make the free technical support expire then do nothing.
Message 13 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

Wish I'd gone with the Asus Zenfi AX now. I only went with Netgear as they had a good reputation. I'm starting to lose faith now.

I may contact Amazon and see if I can get a refun and get the Asus.
Message 14 of 16
Dugguh
Tutor

Good luck. I already gave up on Netgear. They sell unsupported overpriced junk.
Message 15 of 16
Neosegauk
Tutor

Just contacted Amazon. The service rep asked me some questions re the mesh router. She was really nice and said they are getting a lot of these coming back for returns recently. All sorted. Leaving Netgear.

What a shame as the hardware is fantastic. Software is shocking.
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7