Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't activate armor trial on orbi rbr50

AWMAWM
Tutor

can't activate armor trial on orbi rbr50

Since date of purchase I have been trying to activate the free trial. At this point, months have gone by (and I am now out of complementary support) and I have tried the suggestions on the website. (By the way, the Nighthawk app does not work with an orbi). I'd like to try it before I buy it. Anyone know how to get it working? I really don't want to reset my system and restart it---again.

Thank you

AWM

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: can't activate armor trial on orbi rbr50

Hello AWM, 

Welcome to the community! Please use the Orbi app to activate Armor. I've linked an article below that will provide you with steps. Also, please ensure that your RBR50 is in router mode to activate Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060582/How-do-I-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-on-my-Orbi-router

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
AWMAWM
Tutor

Thank you Christian,
That's exactly what I have done for the last several months(usually when I use the app)and I get a "failed to subscribe" error every time. I bet I've tried at least 20 times. I think Armor may not be for me- and for $70 a year, I need to try before I drive!
Thanks for the help.
Awm
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi AWM, 

If you don't mind, one more thing to try. Please try turning remote management on/off using the Orbi app. Check out the following link for more info. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061809/I-get-an-error-when-I-try-to-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-what-do-I-do

Looking forward to hearing back!

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
AWMAWM
Tutor

Thank you for the suggestion- still no joy! Obviously hesitant to buy it as a result!
Alan
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7