Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

extending Netgear Armor subscription

cavernap
Aspirant

extending Netgear Armor subscription

I bought an Orbi RBR50 a year ago and it came with a year of Netgear Armor. Last month I got notifications that the Netgear Armor was going to expire, so I bought a year subscription through the link that was provided. I got an email confirmation of the purchase, but no code. I finally found the registration code, but meanwhile, I keep getting notifications that my Netgear Armor has expired. How do I enter the code to cover my Orbi with the Netgear Armor I just purchased? I tried calling Netgear support, but they claim that I don't have phone support because they don't have any record of me purchasing Armor.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: extending Netgear Armor subscription

Hi cavernap, 

While on the security page in the app, do you see 3 vertical dots at the top right hand corner. If so, that should be the menu icon where you can select your subscriptions and enter an activation code. You may also try visiting armor.netgear.com through a web browser and entering your activation code there. 

Regards,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cavernap,

Welcome to the community! In the confirmation email, there should be steps included to activate your subscription using the activation code. If not, no need to worry! Here's an article on how to activate Armor using the code you received.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060247/How-do-I-activate-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-using-an-activation...

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Christian

Message 2 of 11
cavernap
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

Thank you for sending me the link on how to activate. (I bought the year subscription through the link that was provided (turns out it is a third party vendor, 2CO) but they didn't send me the confirmation code or the instructions. I managed to find the code, but not the link.) But I am having problems following the instructions. When I open the Orbi app (on my android phone), the security tile says that Armor is expired. When I tap on the tile, it sends me to the Bitdefender website to buy a subscription. After pressing several other buttons (back button, etc), I managed to get to the security page in the app, but I don't see an Armor page or a menu option. I have a screenshot of the app on my phone. Where do I go from here?

Message 3 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cavernap, 

While on the security page in the app, do you see 3 vertical dots at the top right hand corner. If so, that should be the menu icon where you can select your subscriptions and enter an activation code. You may also try visiting armor.netgear.com through a web browser and entering your activation code there. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 11
cavernap
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I was able to log in on the webpage and enter my activation code. Then I went back to the Orbi app on my phone. The security tile now says 'activated', but there still is no menu option or three dots in the corner. I found this entire process very confusing and frustrating. And I still don't know how Netgear, Orbi, and Armor are related. It seems like I have signed into multiple websites, all with different passwords. 

Message 5 of 11
CharlieBrien
Tutor

I'm having a similar problem with my Orbi. I just renewed my Armor subscription and entered the provided activation code. Now the subscription shows *active* (359 days remaining) on armor.netgear.com but under router security it shows '0 devices'. The iPhone Orbi app shows Armor as expired. I had trouble when I signed up last year so renewal is quite frustrating. Can anyone assist or point me to someone who can help? TIA.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CharlieBrien, 

May you reboot your router and reinstall the Orbi app. Please let me know how this turns out. 

Christian 

Message 7 of 11
CharlieBrien
Tutor

Christian,

I will try that but as I'm working from home that must be done after business hours. I had this exact same problem 1 year ago when I purchased a subscription after the 2 week trail period elapsed. Same symptoms... in the Amor subscription details, 'router security' showed 'devices: 0' and the app showed expired. Same as now. I posted that issue on this board and someone corrected it (been looking frantically for who that was). No reboot required. I'm feel like the same situation exists now. If I recall correctly there was a sync problem between Netgear and Bitdefender but without finding the reply, I cannot confirm. I will try the router restart tonight.

Thanks,

Charlie

Message 8 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Charlie, 

Sounds good! Please let me know how it turns out. 

Christian 

Message 9 of 11
CharlieBrien
Tutor

Christian,

Bitdefender support resolved the issue. I did not have a chance to reboot last night. I noticed this morning my Armor subscription showed Active. Appreciate you responding to my post.

Thanks again,

Charlie Brien

Message 10 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for getting back with an update. Happy to hear you're up and running!

Best,

Christian 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7