Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi wifi with netgear armor

amullinax001
Aspirant

orbi wifi with netgear armor

I recently installed Netgear Armor on my Orbi RBR50.  Today i started getting notifications that a malicious url was blocked that was attempted to be reached by my laptop which is at my office and no where near my Orbi network.  Any idea how that's happening?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @amullinax001, welcome to the community! Do you have the Bitdefender Total Security installed on the laptop with your Armor credentials logged in?

Dexter

Message 2 of 12
amullinax001
Aspirant

Hi Dexter. I do have it installed and logged in on my laptop.

Andy
Message 3 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @amullinax001, thanks for responding. If that is the case then it is normal that you receive alerts for devices under your NETGEAR Armor subscription even though they are not within your home network. That is part of the feature of Armor.

Dexter

Message 4 of 12
amullinax001
Aspirant

Thanks Dexter. I understand the protection and notifications except that the notification is saying the threat was blocked on my home router. That’s where I’m confused. It’s not the end of the world by any means. Just trying to make sure I don’t have some malware somewhere doing something.
Message 5 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @amullinax001, can you please provide a screenshot indicating that the threat was blocked within your network?

Dexter

Message 6 of 12
amullinax001
Aspirant

Maybe I’m assuming it’s on my network? The alert says it’s my laptop on my home network (at this time I was at work and not on my home network)
See attached
Message 7 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for providing the screenshot. The hierarchy showing the laptop under the router indicates that the device is covered under your subscription for that specific router and is listed be one of your devices for that router. This is for identification purposes since you can have additional compatible routers with your Armor subscription.

Dexter  

Message 8 of 12
amullinax001
Aspirant

Gotcha. Thanks Dexter!
Message 9 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

You're welcome! Feel free to let us know if you have more questions and what you think of the feature.

Dexter

Message 10 of 12
haverdude
Tutor

It's not clear who supports Armor and the Bitdefender device products and who supports each part. Going to Bitdefender's site, there's no mention of Armor, and no support for the alerts it throws.  Same thing on Netgear's site.

I have a URL that's being marked dangerous and has been blocked.  It says RBR20 has attempted to access https://app.cybba.solutions.

While it's possible my router tried to do that by itself, if it IS one of the clients, I need to know which one.  AND, I need to know what vulnerability was detected on the offending site.

I have absolutely NO detail, and there's no place in the orbi app or the armor plugin that gives me any detail. 

I'm very reluctant to pony up when the trial ends unless I someone can point out some answers.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 11 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @haverdude, welcome to the community! Apologies for the confusion. NETGEAR support handles the initial activation and the process of enabling the Armor feature via the apps for the supported NETGEAR device. As for the subscriptions, security features, software, and detections, they are best handled by the Bitdefender support team. If you haven't yet, you can reach them on their support channels on the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7