ReadyNAS - We build t …

...public server.  A highly publicized example around the concerns wi …

Smart Home Integratio …

If you are a fan of the Arlo line of HD cameras, then you know they are multi-functional, full-featured, and just simple …

Papadopulos
NETGEAR Employee Retired

2016 marks the 20th anniversary for NETEGEAR. Over the past two decades, NETGEAR has continued to be an innovator in the networking space. Started as a company that helps consumers and small to medium business connect to the internet, Netgear now showcases innovation in even more ways, such as the company’s Arlo security camera.

In the area of WiFi routers, a family’s dependency on internet connectivity has now made WiFi essentially the fourth utility for the majority of households. With so many smart home devices dependent on a constant, sustained connection; the products that NETGEAR markets and manufacturers are more relevant today than they have ever been.

To celebrate this milestone, NETGEAR CEO, Patrick Lo has sat down for a short video to overview the innovation he has overseen at NETGEAR for the last 20 years. I hope you enjoy this little trip down memory lane. Please feel free to comment or ask questions and we’ll get right back to you.

Comments
Ken84
Novice

I have had a problem with my Lenovo G500 laptop since Oct 11th when Microsoft updated 10, version 1607, which I downloaded using WiFi, completed the install, and my WiFi would no longer turn on, could only use Ethernet connection to the internet. Have spent many hours with Microsoft techs trying to figure out what happened to my WiFi. My laptop uses the Qualcom Atheros AR9485 adapter, driver is up to date date. As far as I can determine Qualcom has not updated this driver for Windows 10.

Out of frustration I contacted Netgear and their support people told me to purchase the WNDAS3100V3 USB adapter, which I did. I installed it earlier this week and it works fine, however, much to my surprise when I removed the adapter from the laptop my WiFi continued to work!! The AR9485 adapter on board my laptop had started working as it should!!

On Tuesday, November 8th, another Microsoft update to Windows 10, completed it using Ethernet connection. After a restart the install of the updates completed. Don't you know the AR9485 would no longer work. So I clicked on the icon for the Ntegear Genie on my desktop, ran as administrator, and immediately the AR9485 started working and has been working fine the rest of the week.

It appears the Netgear Genie is acting like a switch to turn on the WiFi function on my laptop. If you are a Windows 10 user you know that you cannot "turn on" WiFi as you could in  Windows 8, it either is on and works or you are only capable of using Ethernet or VPN.

Does anyone know the answer as to why the Netgear Genie is turning on WiFi and allowing the AR9485 adapter on my laptop to work as normal?

hbs_networks
Novice

Hello everyone, i am new to this but will have a lot of questions as it goes. I just built a rack system, my first. Hopefully everything that is required is there, Prosafe Firewall, TP link Load Balancer, two netgear switches, netgear wifi wireless router, and 3 custom built servers. now I think I have them linked correctly, but not sure how to set up the firewall with intranet statics. I said I was new to this so take it easy in your explanations please. I understand what a static IP is, but not sure how to address it on the servers from or for the firewall. Thank you 

Oh the firwall is a prosafe fvs318v2, I have it running thru the balancer to the switch/cablepatch/servers. For the rest of the network, there is a custom built workstation which I ust to direct everything. (Not as directory/domain server)