ReadyNAS - We build t …

...public server.  A highly publicized example around the concerns wi …

Smart Home Integratio …

If you are a fan of the Arlo line of HD cameras, then you know they are multi-functional, full-featured, and just simple …

Qualcomm
Novice

Molly Mulloy, Director of Marketing, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.

This week, Netgear announced the Nighthawk X10, the world’s fastest Wi-Fi router. This groundbreaking product uses Qualcomm® 802.11ad Wi-Fi technology from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. to achieve unprecedented speeds and extremely low latency – making it an ideal solution for today’s most demanding video and gaming applications. Unlike previous Wi-Fi technologies, 802.11ad is designed to operate in the bandwidth-rich 60 GHz spectrum, where products can utilize very wide channels (2 GHz) to achieve multi-gigabit performance with virtually no interference from other Wi-Fi devices.

What makes 802.11ad different from the Wi-Fi technologies we use today?

• Ultra high-speed Wi-Fi zones

802.11ad can be used to create ultra high-speed zones – as fast as 4.6Gbps – within a home Wi-Fi network. At this speed it’s possible to download a feature-length 4K movie in approximately 18 seconds (instead of 30-90 minutes), or experience glitch-free VR gaming with less than 10 milliseconds of latency. Because of its RF characteristics, 802.11ad generally does not penetrate walls, so it’s an ideal/high quality addition for a living room or family room with lots of media devices. Anyone outside the “zone” can continue to get fast Wi-Fi connections using the 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology that’s also built into the Nighthawk X10.

• Virtually no wireless interference

Besides the blazing fast speeds, 802.11ad products are designed not to be impacted by interference from other wireless devices. The 60 GHz radio spectrum is a relatively new band that has been opened for Wi-Fi use. It offers much more spectrum than the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands used by existing Wi-Fi systems, which means there is more room for many devices to operate without interfering with one another. With upwards of 10 Wi-Fi devices in the average home, 802.11ad is an important tool for addressing network congestion.

802.11ad.graphic.PNG

How does it work?

802.11ad uses a radio module with 32 antennas, and is engineered to dynamically create directional beams that focus a high-bandwidth transmission signal towards a specific device. This adaptive beamforming is designed to work with a wide swath of spectrum (up to 2GHz) to provide multi-gigabit speeds, and actively fine-tune the antenna settings to maximize communication performance between devices. If a user moves or an obstacle blocks line of sight between two devices, the 11ad router can quickly re-establish communication using beams that reflect off walls, floors and ceilings.

802.11ad is an important step in the evolution of Wi-Fi, bringing a dramatic increase in network capacity and supporting new wireless experiences. Wireless docking, flawless video streaming, multimedia kiosks, and untethered virtual reality are all possible in homes with products based on Qualcomm® 802.11ad solutions, like the Nighthawk X10 AD7200.

Read more about the 802.11ad technology: I'll take the combo, 802.11ad White Paper by Signals Research.

Comments
Tigereyez850
Follower
I have a router and I just really want to find out how to make it pick up wifi and get it tonight. Please help me
mikalias
Aspirant

I purchased a Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band rounter and I was unable to set it up using the Genie but did it manually and it works.  the only problem is the Home Tab in Net Genie shows 'No Internet' but all the other tabs says everything is working fine and the internet is working fine with my computer.  How do I get the home tab to reflect that the system is ok?

Mik

galenaforest
Follower

I'm trying to login to routerlogin.net to update my firmware. Is there a different username and password for that?