ReadyNAS - We build t …

...public server.  A highly publicized example around the concerns wi …

Smart Home Integratio …

If you are a fan of the Arlo line of HD cameras, then you know they are multi-functional, full-featured, and just simple …

Papadopulos
NETGEAR Employee Retired

NETGEAR would like to invite you to join our community via the new NETGEAR Connection blog. This will be the place to visit to get the download on what’s new in the world of networking, smart home and internet connectivity.

NETGEAR will be hosting guest bloggers from time to time and will also have members of the NETGEAR product teams providing insight on industry trends and our broad range of product offerings.

From SMB Switches to home WiFi systems, routers and mobile hotspots for connectivity on the go, to smart home devices such as our Arlo security cameras; it can all be found right here on the NETGEAR Connection Blog. 

NETGEAR looks forward to staying connected with you right here so subscribe now the NETGEAR connection blog and keep up with the world of connectivity.

Comments
y1
Follower
Follower
Thank you I am using a R6300 WIFI cable modem 1750 My current firmware version is V2.01.14 I am getting a security alert with my anti virus stating network threat and is pointing to ready share. I have seen the new firmware releases that appear to address this issue but I am not sure what firmware version to download. Anti virus message ID HNS-Weak password on the modem also your device is not configured correctly message. I have since went to the modem and added password protection when logging into the modem but it has not changed anything. I need some help with this one I am not real tech savy.
sankarp87
Fledgling

Hi ,

I have "Netgear dg834g" adsl+modam . Now i disconnected my adsl connection . i bought an WAN connection. is it possible to reconfigure with netgear dg834g with WAN as input.

Thanks advance,

Sankar

cosmos512
Novice

PLEASE CAM SOMEONE HELP ME. I JUST GOT A WIRELES ROUTER, WNR834B AND THE LAN WORKS GREAT, PRESENTLY BROWSING WITH IT, BUT THE DRIVER WILL NOT INSTALL. SETUP SAYS ADAPTER PROBLEM, WHICH ISN'T TRUE. MY WI-FI WORKS WELL AND, MY LAN ALSO SO WHATS THE ISSUE?

DarrylMcG
Fledgling
How do I search this forum?
Lowtechie
Fledgling

Hello.  I use a NETGEAR WNR2000v4 WiFi Router.  It has been working wonderfully with my PC, printer and tablet, but all of a sudden, the little blue light on the router is not on and I cannot connect to the Internet, no will my printer print.  I have checked cables to make sure everything is connected.   What is the next step?  Thank you!

DarrylMcG
Fledgling

This is a general post to everyone experiencing Internet connection failure when attempting to set up a new router or when making changes to their existing router (ie. reset to factory; upgrade/downgrade firmware, etc.).

I struggled for several days with similar difficulties and got nowhere with Tech Support. I even contacted my ISP support team with no success. They suggested I contact Netgear Support for my new router.

In desperation, and having noticed several persistent Firewall messages about "New network found..." I contacted my Antivirus Software maker who also was scratching their head until it struck me to shut down the Antivirus Program and try yet again to connect to my router. Voila'! I was able to make connection and had no further trouble configuring my network for wired and wireless networking.

Do this...  Shut down your anti-virus and firewall software and then try accessing your router via routerlogin.net or its IP address. For one poster who has 'forgotten his username/password combination, the easiest solution is to reset to factory specifications and use the default admin login ("admin/password"). Then, when you have admin access, set up password recovery when you change the default login.

I hope you find this suggestion helpful. It sure solved MY problems!!!

feralcat
Follower

Not sure if im in the right place? I have a WNDA3100v2 2.0 usb adapter. When i try and load it up it says This app.is not supported for this OS.  What does that  mean?  And how do I fix it? If it can be done?  Thanks ahead for the help?

feralcat
Follower

my n600 wireless dual band usb adapter WNDA3100v2 version 2 ??   will not load on a older tower running xp(i know) says this application not supported on this OS.  What does that mean? The router is in the next room.  Why wont it recognize it? To  old or what??  thankyou ahead for your help?  I hope im asking the right question?

manofmars
Aspirant

I have an R7000 with detachable antennas and just happen to have 3 coax cables 10 feet long and am wondering if i can space the antennas apart and increase my signal. What do you think? They are long enough for me to put an antenna in three corners of my room.

Appreciate any help

manofmars

Charles M Boles DD, Ordained Minister

bamanofmars@aol.com