Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't figure out how to change my subscription to the Basic Plan for 3 WAC510 APs

coljediv
Aspirant

Can't figure out how to change my subscription to the Basic Plan for 3 WAC510 APs

I participated in the short Insight Premium trial, which has now expired.  My plan now was to subscribe to the Basic plan for my three WAC510s.  But I can't figure out how to change my subscription to that.  From Insight portal it seems to only give me the Premium monthly or yearly options.  The user interface is not helpful to me for subscription management.  What is the solution?

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't figure out how to change my subscription to the Basic Plan for 3 WAC510 APs

Hi @coljediv,

Since you were able to use the Premium Trial on all 3 WAC510, it seemed that your account got locked because the Premium Trial has expired.  Kindly try to remove 1 of the 3 WAC510 from your Insight account.

Kindly access and read the articles below:

Why is my Insight account locked and how can I unlock it?

How do I remove a device from my Insight account?

Insight Basic comes with two free device credits, which means that you can manage up to two devices with the Insight mobile app for free.  You will need to purchase an additional Insight Basic subscription for each additional device when you add it to your Insight account.  Check the article below: 

What are Insight device credits and how can I buy more?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

It should not be required to remove managed devices from Insight as long as there is no other active Insight subscription, any Insight Basic or Insight Premium subscription must be available to the customer account - not just the Premium options (monthly/annual per device).

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@coljediv,

Just an update.  I have already inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support. 

With the current status of your Insight account, are you still able to manage your 3 WAC510 APs?  Kindly post a screenshot of what you see when you log in to your Insight account as well as any error message that you encounter.  

Looking forward to your response. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

X-report ... hope you don' mind @DaneA. We're in the very similar situation: Insight Premium Trial, Status: Insight free trial in progress, Trial expires in 0 days, effectively expired back on February 21 already. From the App, I'm still able to manage the 10 devices. The "lock-out" described in the KB entry referred before does not happen. Clearly a bug ... but no, I don't want to complain about that for now. Man LOL

Talking to the Insight PM/PM lead for the NTGR SaaS for a while on this and related issues already, too.

Screenshot_20180313-115046.jpg

The only upgrade available are the Insight Premium variants therefore - here in the App as well as on the Insight Web page.

Screenshot_20180313-115056.jpg

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@schumaku,

Thank you for posting.  🙂  I have just informed the higher tier of NETGEAR Support about your reply here in this forum thread to take a look as this will help with the investigation of the engineering team.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements