Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Management App and Access Control

coljediv
Aspirant

Insight Management App and Access Control

Hi,

Not sure how many of you use Access Control Lists (Allow Mode) with your configurations.   I have recently added three WAC 510 APs to my configuration.  Prior to that I just used a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 for all my Wifi needs.  Being somewhat obsessive about things, I have been using Access Control for all of the devices that connect to my router.  That ACL is still in effect now, even though I have all but one wireless devices now connected to the APs.

Although I'm not sure why I'm so obsessive about this (another topic), I would like to transition my Access Control from the router to the APs.  I am managing those APs using the Insight Management App.  I haven't been able to find any way to batch input allowed MAC addresses for the APs.  There was a way, although with some bugs, when I was managing the APs locally via a web browser.  Is there a batch method, or do I have to painfully enter the MAC addresses one at a time for each AP via the app?

Message 1 of 2
SalauddinK
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Insight Management App and Access Control

Hi Coljediv,

Welcome to the Netgear Community,

As of the latest Netgear Insight App, yes it's a Manual effort to configure the MAC ACL (Allow).

But, be assured, there is an Enhanced MAC ACL feature in the next update.

It would be a lot more easier/ Intuitive to configure the MAC ACL feature.

The Suggestion for Batch mode MAC ACL can be considered in the future enhancements.

We Appreciate your Inputs !!.

Thanks,

Salauddin

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements