Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight, unable to sign in.

jolag
Aspirant

Insight, unable to sign in.

Can't login to Insight, get the following message: Unexpected Error 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 149-150: ordinal not in range (128).

Get the same for both my accounts, any ideas?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DerrickL
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Insight, unable to sign in.

jolag,

My mistake, the fix will actually be in the next maintenance release due later this month.  Please give it a try and let me know if there are any further issues.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
DerrickL
NETGEAR Expert

Hi jolag,

Please message me your login(s) and I'll see if there is an issue with the accepted character set.

Message 2 of 8
DerrickL
NETGEAR Expert

Hi jolag,

Thanks for sending me your login name.

* Does your login or anything associated with it (provided real name, etc.) include characters with accents, umlauts, etc.?

* How was your account originally created?

* What are the language and region settings on your phone?

Message 3 of 8
jolag
Aspirant

Both accounts was created beginning of 2017 when I registered my newly bought access points. Apart from my email I registered 

my name as Jonas Lagerlöf. Language on all my iOS devices is English, with regional 
setting/location set to Sweden. Always use the latest iOS version available.

Thanks 
Jonas
Message 4 of 8
DerrickL
NETGEAR Expert

jolang,

It looks like the current version of the Insight app does not allow the use of umlauts in names when creating a new account, so there may be some incompatibility with accounts already containing these characters.  I'll file a bug with engineering and see if they can reproduce this.

Message 5 of 8
DerrickL
NETGEAR Expert

Hi jolag,

The issue should now be resolved.  Please try logging in again with the same app and let me know if there is still an issue.

Message 6 of 8
DerrickL
NETGEAR Expert

jolag,

My mistake, the fix will actually be in the next maintenance release due later this month.  Please give it a try and let me know if there are any further issues.

Message 7 of 8
jolag
Aspirant

Works fine now, thanks 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements