Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2 x WAC510 seem to power cycle about once a day

highgrove
Aspirant

2 x WAC510 seem to power cycle about once a day

Good Afternoon.  I have an interesting one, that I can't seem to pinpoint.  I have 2 x WAC510 both with Firmware 9.5.5.4, connected to a GC110P firmware 1.0.5.35,  About once a day, at variable times in the day, the 2 WAC will restart for no apparent reason and then the GC will loose communication to the Insight Cloud.  As I'm using my machine via a Network Cable, I am able to continue working, but any devices connected to the wireless, loose connection until the 2 x WAC are back up again, and off they go.

The system never used to do it, until about a couple of months ago.  As far as I can tell, nothing on my network has changed.  Any Advice would be great, as I don't seem to be able to log a call via netgear support.

Thanks Jonathan

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @highgrove 

Could you please send  diagnostic logs to us? You can share me via PM.

Also enable remote SDM access for those 2 WAC510s

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 4
highgrove
Aspirant

An update on this.

Downgraded the firmware on the Switch to version 1.0.5.32 and so far none of the connect WAC510 have rebooted in the last 5 days.

Thanks to @RaghuHR for all his help and advice

Model: GC110P|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 3 of 4
Nuclear_N
Star

@highgrove 

Odds are the problem is with your GC110P switch, not the APs.

If you log into your switch locally you'll probably see the uptime lines up with the last outage - the switch is crashing and restarting.

See my existing thread here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Insight-Managed-Smart-Cloud/GC110-amp-GC110P-Crashing-Restarting-Ev...

It's currently with Netgear L3 support as a probable issue with FW 1.0.5.35.

Cheers,
Nick.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements