Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ability to see client connections per satellite via insight app

BooJangles
Apprentice

Ability to see client connections per satellite via insight app

SRR60 with 7 satellites (5 via Ethernet)

Is it possible to see which satellite clients are connected to via the Insight app? This would be very helpful when troubleshooting connectivity issues while remote.

Thanks
Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Ability to see client connections per satellite via insight app

@BooJangles,

I believe, the ethernet backhaul and wireless backhaul can be seen to its attached devices on the Insight App.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
BooJangles
Apprentice

@JohnC_V 

Hi John, could you please explain further?

When troubleshooting while remote and using the Insight app, I'd like to be able to see which satellite my client is connected to. If they complain of slow connectivity this is often the first thing I would check but I do not see a way to see this information via the Insight app.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@BooJangles wrote:

When troubleshooting while remote and using the Insight app, I'd like to be able to see which satellite my client is connected to. If they complain of slow connectivity this is often the first thing I would check but I do not see a way to see this information via the Insight app.

The problem with this idea is in the dynamics of a wireless network with devices able to roam very quickly. On the opposite, we have the polling sequence of the Insight managed devices. On the Insight Web (part of the slightly more expensive Insight services), we often see the very same wireless device apparently associated "concurrently" to two or more access points - exactly what was current the moment the access point was polled. And these APs can be far away from each other. Just operating networks with WAC (no Orbi Pro) in Insight, I guess this is very similar. We see a snapshot of a certain time frame - not a "live" status image.

Insight Clients AP.PNG

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements