Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Acces points lose connection for 2 houres and reconnect

Maubaan
Aspirant

Acces points lose connection for 2 houres and reconnect

Hello,

We have 4 WAC510 acces points on location and for a long time it worked fine after a hard start.

Now we have the next problem: the insight app makes a notification that the connection is lost to the acces points. after 2 houres the connection is back. in the mean time 2 other acces points lose connection and reconnect after a sertain time. now there is 1 acces point that lost connection but isnt connecting back, and 1 acces point that is always connected without problems. there is a managed switch that works fine. without power issues and the acces point ar not updating there firmware.

What are the best steps to solve my problem. how can i get all the acces point to stay online?

Model: WAC510|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Re: Acces points lose connection for 2 houres and reconnect

Had and have random WAC505 and WAC510 going aparently offline - some stay thee forever (so PoE toggle is required to reboot), some come back online. When looking at the WAC local Web UI, it shows the "green" Insight network connection - so the "offline" is just happen on the "half" connection, there the cloud does poll. In contact with Netgear Insight product management and engineering, but no success yet. 

Just form the "feeleing" most WAC505/510 come back online for us (different sites) after some minutes now.

Seems to be a problem since Insight cloud 5.4 or 5.5.

@skazi  rush now....!!!!

PS. Would a moderator please move this to the Insight community area? Thank you @Christian_R 

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Christian_R  - [edit] thank you for fixing!

Message 3 of 8
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Would like to work with you to debug this issue. Can you please contact us at insight-feedback@netgear.com so we can get it going? 

Thank you in advance. 

Message 4 of 8
Maubaan
Aspirant

its not that the devices are offline for a few minutes, they are offline for 2 houres. even in the insight portal says that i cant acces the devices.

so it isnt the poll from netgear insight.

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Yes, for my part (as another Insight user) I'm well aware of that. 

Is the local Web UI accessible? We've seen that the Web UI goes down (and/or probably some Web API used also for the "pings" from the Insight cloud) sometimes. 

If the Web UI is available, what does the Insight/Internet connection area say ... let me guess connected and green?

If it's down for hours, there is no other way but reboot, it will most likely never come back online, and you needa a PoE power trigger.

Message 6 of 8
Maubaan
Aspirant

nope, it always come's back online! just wait 2 houres or so. it happens at 2 or 3 at night so im not staying up to check the statistics of the device.

When i wake up i have 6 or 8 notifications that the device's go offilne and online again.

it isnt the ping because that is send at 0.30 every night and the devices go offline at the full houre!

Message 7 of 8
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Can you please use Insight app to go to the WAC device dashboard, and use "Share Diagnostics" to send us the diagnostic logs to email insight-feedback@netgear.com? Please send the logs from each of your 4 WAC devices. We'll analyze the logs. 

Thank you. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements