Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Applying Insight Pro Subscription bought from distribution

martinah
Tutor

Applying Insight Pro Subscription bought from distribution

I have 3 Insight Pro Subscription packs - each for 3 years - and yet there seems nowhere in the portal to be able to add the Subscriptions ot the devices - only options to buy the subscriptions online.

I cannot find any phone numbers to speak to someone or any online chat to get some simple help.

Any ideas please?

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
martinah
Tutor

This was a big help and far better than the wasted 2 hours of my time on the phone to Netgear when the call was cut off with no resolve having taken my number 3 times in case of being cut off and no call back. Hey Ho.

Still, only problem was that the process was not totally foolproof and one credit was allocated to the wrong organisation adn I cannot see why. I allocated it to the correct organisation, noted a mistake on one of the other organisations and then the credit appeared to go to the latter Organisation without me moving it so no idea what happened in the process. I was convinced I had correctly allocated it to the initial organisation. Still, not the end of the world as I need the same product for that organisation too so no major headache, just like to know what I did wrong. So all is well in my world for now!

THANKS!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Licenes are not applied to devices in Insight Pro.

You must be logged with an administration role account (not a support/operator one), in the top right User menu head to Profile/Account, then Credit Allocation (second item on the left), there you can assign credits to the Customer level.

Message 2 of 9
martinah
Tutor

Hi, I was logged in as admin and I looked at this but could only add credits purchased at that time through the website - It didnt allow me an option to insert a licence for ones bought already.

Message 3 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Wait - there are two different kind of licenses: The "consumer" ones we can buy on the site, and the "Pro" ones for the Insight Pro environment which are available via VARs/MSPs/Distributors only. The consumer ones can't be loaded on a Pro customer. @YeZ your customer need some help here.... 

Message 4 of 9
martinah
Tutor

Hi, Thank you for your reply. 🙂 However, I think you are missing the point or have misunderstood me, or I havent been clear enough. These are Pro ones (Part number NPRSNG3P-10000S) that I have purchased through our reseller account with Exertis to go wIth the 510 units that we also purchased from Exertis.  I simply want to add them to the units that I am not able to do via the Insight Admin portal login. Exertis are saying to get in touch with NetGear but there are no phone numbers to speak to anyone. THanks

Message 5 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Oh or I've missed to read the complete thread.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060985/How-do-I-activate-my-Insight-Pro-paper-subscription

Does this help?
Message 6 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@martinah there is a dedicated Insight Pro (For MSP And VAR Only) community section - you might have to challenge the e-mail address indicated to gain access.

Message 7 of 9
martinah
Tutor

This was a big help and far better than the wasted 2 hours of my time on the phone to Netgear when the call was cut off with no resolve having taken my number 3 times in case of being cut off and no call back. Hey Ho.

Still, only problem was that the process was not totally foolproof and one credit was allocated to the wrong organisation adn I cannot see why. I allocated it to the correct organisation, noted a mistake on one of the other organisations and then the credit appeared to go to the latter Organisation without me moving it so no idea what happened in the process. I was convinced I had correctly allocated it to the initial organisation. Still, not the end of the world as I need the same product for that organisation too so no major headache, just like to know what I did wrong. So all is well in my world for now!

THANKS!

Message 8 of 9
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

The Account Management > Subscriptions page allows you to activate the newly-purchased keys, this part you have done now, good.

The Account Management > Credit Allocation page allows you to allocate the available device credits in the keys to any organization. If you mis-allocate it, you can use the option "Deallocate" there to return it to the available pool and allocate it to a different organization. 

If you still have issue at this moment, we'll be happy to help. You can private mesage me or contact us at insight-feedback@netgear.com

Thank you. 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements