Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can multiple users manage Insight network?

eckera
Follower

Can multiple users manage Insight network?

Our agency recently set up a handful of WAC510 access points on our network, and we'd like to manage the via the Insight app.  Are we able to have multiple managers for our network? I created an account for Insight to get our network up and running, but I don't see anywhere that allows me to add more managers to the account.  I don't just want to give out my email/password as a way of "sharing" the account.  It would be nice if other people could register their own accounts to my account so we all see and manage the same devices.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

For now, only Insight Pro (aimed towards VAR and MSP) does allow the definition of an administrator (one per organisation for now) and many managers, either dedicated to defined locations, or all and all future locations added. FMI: How do I add a manager for an Insight Pro organization?

Unless I'm wrong, this is not possible using Insight (with App only) or Insight Premium (with Web portal access plus few more dedicated features). 

I've tried to start some discussion in the Insight Pro forum towards a better differentiation between identities (MyNetgear is the Identity Management system) and roles, initially to overcome some odd hard-coded limitation in place on Insight Pro. All of them imply some specific roles to specific accounts, as in the case of Insight and Insight Pro it's the "root" for everything - the owner of the hardware (registered to that account) and the one and only user for the management.

@MrJoshW and @johngm - this is a very valid request, Insight (and to some extent also MyNetgear with the Product Registration and the Support Area) needs some design and implementation fine tuning as a single account is a single point of failure even small business can't take today.

I can already see the proposal that we should post these requests to the Idea Exchange For Business community section - my crystal ball works - however with just one implemented out of some 44+ ideas since early 2015, I'm a little bit heisting of doing so.

Idea Exchange for Business.PNG   

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

For now, only Insight Pro (aimed towards VAR and MSP) does allow the definition of an administrator (one per organisation for now) and many managers, either dedicated to defined locations, or all and all future locations added. FMI: How do I add a manager for an Insight Pro organization?

Unless I'm wrong, this is not possible using Insight (with App only) or Insight Premium (with Web portal access plus few more dedicated features). 

I've tried to start some discussion in the Insight Pro forum towards a better differentiation between identities (MyNetgear is the Identity Management system) and roles, initially to overcome some odd hard-coded limitation in place on Insight Pro. All of them imply some specific roles to specific accounts, as in the case of Insight and Insight Pro it's the "root" for everything - the owner of the hardware (registered to that account) and the one and only user for the management.

@MrJoshW and @johngm - this is a very valid request, Insight (and to some extent also MyNetgear with the Product Registration and the Support Area) needs some design and implementation fine tuning as a single account is a single point of failure even small business can't take today.

I can already see the proposal that we should post these requests to the Idea Exchange For Business community section - my crystal ball works - however with just one implemented out of some 44+ ideas since early 2015, I'm a little bit heisting of doing so.

Idea Exchange for Business.PNG   

Message 2 of 3
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

As @schumaku stated, currently Insight PRO does support multiple managers. With this you can set up permissions on which Organizations they can manage and also give them read/write privileges on the Organizations. Premium currently supports an admin email, but be on the look out for future changes with our Insight platform. Please see screenshot of the managers screen found in Insight PRO for clarity. 2018-10-22 11_47_59-Insight Cloud Portal.png

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements