Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot change Wifi settings on Netgear Insight Portal.

Howkoss
Tutor

Cannot change Wifi settings on Netgear Insight Portal.

Cannot change Wifi settings on Netgear Insight Portal. I have 3 connected WAC505 Access points updated to 9.0.0.21 firmware and am getting "One of the request param is invalid" but don't understand which. I want to change Security settings from "Open" to any other choice.

Model: WAC505 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Howkoss,

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Is everything working fine before the firmware update occured? 

b. Have you tried to clear the cache of the browser you are using or tried another browser? 

c. Are there any changes made on the setting via the NETGEAR Insight Portal prior to the error message that occured? 

Kindly post a screenshot of error message you have encountered.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Howkoss
Tutor

Hi, thank you for helping. Yes everything was working fine before the firmware update and after the update however after looking at the security settings I cannot change them. Tried 3 browsers. We have WAC505's at another location and they don't have this problem. Please see the attachment. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Howkoss,

Thank you for your response.  It seems that the problem is isolated on one location since on the other location, you were able to select WPA3 just fine.  It is possible that not all WAC505 access points are upgraded successfully on the location where you encountered the error message. 

I suggest you to kindly double check if all WAC505 access points are upgraded successfully to firmware v9.0.0.21 on that same location where you encountered the error message.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Howkoss
Tutor

Dana, thank you. All three show the firmware at 9.0.0.21. Do you know if I can reload the firmware? If so, how do I do it?

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Howkoss,

Thanks for your reply.  It was suggested by the higher tier of NETGEAR Support that you kindly open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime for further investigation.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements