Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cost of Insight Management Management

martinav
Guide

Cost of Insight Management Management

I have already purchased a new wifi system.  I got the GC510P and 5 WAC510 APs.  I installed the Insight app on my phone.  I have two WAC730 APs on my system today.  It saw those two devices, and was asking me if I wanted to register them, etc.  What I found interesting was it said in the app that there would be no charge if I was a 2 devices or below.  There was no indication anywhere, nor can I google anything that will tell me that there is some subscrption for Insight.  I just cannot take the cost of that.  I was under the impression that I could install as many APs as I wanted, and there would be no problem or additional costs.  Please advise!!!

Model: GC510P – 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi martinav,

As far as I know that the Insight management app is free of charge. No subscription needed in order for you to add devices to it. The one that needed some subscription is the Business Central Wireless Manager. May you be able to add some screenshots?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Hello @JohnC_V

Very easy to find in the App ... when connecting to a "new" network, run a scan, and then select [Create new network] we get this (very vague) information:

Screenshot_20171230-173416.png

...once confirmed...

Screenshot_20171230-173707.png

I understand NTGR has to recover some of the cost and effort - however, the management functionality is that limited (compared to the GC or WAC505/510 Web UI admin capabilities) - I find the very low number of free devices more than questionable.

When it comes to the "Limited Support" units where Insight can be used for discovery and a basic online check only with a link to the resective Web URL - adding htis as a "paid" unit would be very strange.

Regards,

-Kurt.

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@martinav,

Here is the article for the insight app subscription.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Message 5 of 6
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Yes, there will be a very small cost to use Insight Manager to remotely manage devices above 2. It is true that you can manage unlimited number of APs for freeif you use each AP's web interface, just that you won't get free "remote management" through Insight Manager above 2 devices.  

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements