Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DHCP not routed on VLAN with insight cloud

DHCP not routed on VLAN with insight cloud

Dear Community,

I have a challenge I not get resolved. Hope you have some ideas how to fix it.

The setup of concern is:

1. BR500

(Out on Port 2, VLAN 20 tagged, PVID 20, DHCP Server on VLAN 20)

2. GC108PP

(In on Port 2, VLAN 20 tagged, PVID 20)

(Out on Port 6, VLAN 20 tagged, PVID 20)

3. Layer 2 Switch

(In on Port 1)

(Out on Port 2)

4. Client

Issue

Connecting a client on Port 2 directly (BR500), I receive an IP address and have access to internet.

Going throught the whole chain, I do not get an IP address.

It looks to me, that the DHCP request/response is not routed through the GC108PP switch. If I use the same setup with the management VLAN (1), DHCP request is going through nicely.

I do not find on the cloud insight app any settings. Also when I'm setting up a new VLAN in the insight app (for testing purposes), I receive a message about static routing is disabled when I select DHCP (see attachment). Not sure if this is related.

Does anyone have any clue what I'm missing here?

Many thanks and best regards,

Aristo

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router, GC108PP|Insight Managed 8-port Gigabit Ethernet High-Power PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with FlexPoE Power
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: DHCP not routed on VLAN with insight cloud

@Aristomastrosi wrote:

2. GC108PP

3. Layer 2 Switch

There is the issue marked in bold text: As there is a plan L2 switch the VLAN 20 must not be tagged ... otherwise all ports (permitting the simple L2 switch does handle it correct) will run tagged VLAN, including the link to the client. Change the config for the link to the L2 switch on port 6 to VLAN 20 [U]ntaged PIVD 20.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@Aristomastrosi wrote:

2. GC108PP

3. Layer 2 Switch

There is the issue marked in bold text: As there is a plan L2 switch the VLAN 20 must not be tagged ... otherwise all ports (permitting the simple L2 switch does handle it correct) will run tagged VLAN, including the link to the client. Change the config for the link to the L2 switch on port 6 to VLAN 20 [U]ntaged PIVD 20.

Message 2 of 3

Of course! Looks like I used for too long L3 switches, unbelievable that I have not seen this. Anyways thank you so much, Schumaku!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements