Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Deactive Insight agent

PaulThijs
Aspirant

Deactive Insight agent

Hi,

We are running a couple of GC728XP switches in main building. We do not manage them in the clould but only locally.

We have thus changed the management mode to "direct web browser  interface".

However, the switches already run for a while and i spotted now the below message in the logs:

"OpEN tRpcsrv.01000 - : openapi_logging.c(1294) 2810402 %% CloudAgent: registerInsightCloud:Waiting for 20 sec and then retry".

Is there a way to deactivate those recurring messages as it looks to me this is some overhead that is, at least in our case, not needed as we don't use the Cloud option, so no need to register the Insight Cloud agent?

I have searched the user manual but could not find any way of doing so...

thanks.

P. Thijs

Model: GC728XP|Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Deactive Insight agent

Hi PaulThijs,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per checking, this recurring Insight notification is normal as mainly this switch only has an option to be able to configure via local GUI and there is no way for us to disable it.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
AI-IT
Aspirant

Is there a way to stop these messages from clogging up the switch logs?  

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@AI-IT,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

There is no option to stop these messages to show in the logs.  Be reminded that the  GC728XP is designed to be used with NETGEAR Insight but still it can be managed locally.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The recurring log entries are certainly no real concern - the real reason should be that best practices recommending to disable services not required for operations or any other reason. The idea of having the device ready to  "let's-bring-the-switch-into-Insight" any day is certainly not strong enough to ignore the above. @DaneA @JohnC_V please rush out this message to the Netgear management and Insight engineering. yes, I'm aware this requires a spec change and must be deployed to all cloud managed switches. My reports are still unheard. but we see more similar requests in the community. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements