Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error Communicating with Device

Bob_Bamburg
Guide

Error Communicating with Device

I was setting up the switch, creating a vlan on port 3, and lost contact with the device.

Could not access it via Web or Cloud interface.

After reading some posts in this forum, I removed the device from the Cloud account and using a paperclip factory reset the switch.

The Web interface came back and I can log in using the default password.

Then I claimed the switch back into the Cloud Management and lost all contact again.  Both Web and Cloud.

I let it sit overnight hoping it would complete the cloud configuration but no luck.

Removed it from the account again, factory reset it and access is back.

Added it back to the cloud account and lost access again.

Where do I go from here?

Model: GC110|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 1 of 8
Bob_Bamburg
Guide

Update....

Deleted the switch from the cloud and factory reset it.

While adding the device, created a new network {Net2}.     Cloud and web access continued to work after 20 min.

Deleted the switch from the cloud and factory reset it.

Added the switch back to the original network. {Net1} The Insight App shows “Configuration in process”.  The cloud Light on the switch is Off.  Received a message that the device is offline.  App changed to “Device is Disconnected”.

Deleted the switch from the cloud and factory reset it. AGAIN

Added the device back to Net2.  It attached to the cloud configuration for Net2 and continued 2-way communications.   The cloud light is Blue

It just doesn’t work when reconnecting to the Net1 account.

Any Ideas???

Model: GC110|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports
Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@MrJoshW  please

Message 3 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Bob,

Any configuration still saved to Insight will be pushed to the device once the device comes back up. If you can, in Insight, create a new location and only add the switch to the location and verify if the switch is able to come up and not disconnect from Insight. 

If this works, verify in your original location if there are any changes made to the vlan that is causing a communication conflict with the switch when it is being added.

Message 4 of 8
Bob_Bamburg
Guide

MrJoshW, When the device was reset and put into a different LAN it did work corectly.

I am sure the problem is a VLAN that was setup on the device but the question is, how to take that VLAN back off of the configuration?

When I access the "VLans in Use" in the Cloud Portal, it shows "Device Monitoring info not found."

How does one remove the VLAN configuration from that profile?
Message 5 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Is the device showing online in Insight? What does the cloud LED on the front of the switch show? If the device is reporting offline, you can manage it locally by logging into the switch's local GUI and seeing what VLANS are being monitored as well as verifying if the device is being managed through Insight or local management under the switch's summary screen.

Message 6 of 8
Bob_Bamburg
Guide

The device shows in Insight "Device is disconnected"

I can't access it locally via the imbeded web as it does not respond.

It replys to a ping for a few times while it is booting then goes away.

Message 7 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Bob,

Can you attempt to reset the device? Take a paper clip and push the reset button on the switch and wait 20 seconds. Once the switch comes back up, it will download the configuration from Insight. Please let me know if the device becomes responsive after.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements