Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error When Trying to Add Nighthawk S8000 Switches to Insight Account

wesmithjr100
Guide

Error When Trying to Add Nighthawk S8000 Switches to Insight Account

I'm trying to add 3 Nighthawk S8000 switches to my Insight account but am getting errors (different upon which method I try) trying to do so.   In the Insight app, my 3 switches appear under "Insight Manageable Devices" with a status of unclaimed.  If I click any of them, I'm taken to a page where there's an "Add Device" button. After clicking that button, I'm taken to a page to choose the location.  I then choose the location I've already created for my Orbi Pro devices, which results in the error "Device Name cannot be added.  An error occur, try after sometime" with a purple button labeled "Skip this Device".  I get this same error trying to add all 3 switches.  

If I try adding the switches via the Insight Cloud portal by entering their respective serial #'s, I simply get the error "A network error has occurred. Try again in a few minutes.".

Is there some reason I'm unable to add these devices or is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Bill

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Error When Trying to Add Nighthawk S8000 Switches to Insight Account

Bill,

Afraid, the indication in the Insight App is misleading. The App can be used for the initial discovery, the product registration, and then again for the discovery again. The App allows to call access the switch by a Web browser only. That's all.

The Netgear Gaming switches, technically members of the Plus Switch series, can't be added to Insight for cloud management.

Regards,

-Kurt 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Bill,

Afraid, the indication in the Insight App is misleading. The App can be used for the initial discovery, the product registration, and then again for the discovery again. The App allows to call access the switch by a Web browser only. That's all.

The Netgear Gaming switches, technically members of the Plus Switch series, can't be added to Insight for cloud management.

Regards,

-Kurt 

Message 2 of 3
wesmithjr100
Guide

Kurt,

I was wondering if that was the case this was a gaming switch but figured I would ask. Thanks much for confirming!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements