Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Flaky WiFi Operations with BR500 and WAC510s

JEDIV
Guide

Re: Flaky WiFi Operations with BR500 and WAC510s

@JEDIV wrote:

@RaghuHR wrote:

Another strange phenomenon that occurs a lot during these times of flakiness.  Many of my desktop applications (and sometimes IOS applications) will give me an error message saying that I have no internet connectivity.  And yet both IOS and my Windows 10 desktop are showing that I do have internet connectivity, and other applications work just fine (like the browser for example).  FYI, I do have NordVPN, but in this most recent episode I do not have it connected.

For example, when I was trying this AM to restore a WEMO light switch, all the process worked fine, but then it could not connect to my local Wifi, but another indication was that I did not have internet connectivity.  I think these things are all related.

Message 26 of 29
JEDIV
Guide

@JEDIV wrote:

@RaghuHR wrote:

One other observation.  On the Insight app, all the devices which are not currently connected to the Wifi are shown as being clients to one or another of the 4 access points.  But they are in fact not acting as clients; i.e., they aren't working.

Message 27 of 29
JEDIV
Guide

@JEDIV wrote:

@RaghuHR wrote:

So far, the changes I have made (Disabled band steering, disabled instant wifi, and set TX power to full) have not done anything.  If anything it's worse.  I cannot get two WEMO switches connected again or a WEMO smart switch.  Also, three of my nest cameras are offline (one Outdoor CAM, one NestCam, and one old DropCam Pro).  The other nest cameras are still working OK.  

But here is a real strange one.  My Nest thermostats show as offline on the Nest App and via the web interface, but on the device itself the network connection shows as working just fine.  

Message 28 of 29
JEDIV
Guide

I want to update the community on what my network problem seems to have been.  After sending my router config file and logs for my access points and router to the guys in Bangalore, we talked on the phone for about 1.5 hours.  After looking at the logs, they told me one device was flooding the network with requests and they gave me the MAC address.  That MAC address was my desktop PC, a Windows 10 box.  So I turned it off and most of the network problems went away.  WEMO, Sonos, Google Home, Nest devices are now all up and running again.  So now I need to figure out what on my Win10 PC is flooding the network.  Possibly the update mechanism.  Thanks to the Netgear guys.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements