Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I cancelled the entire subscription. However, I was billed the next month..

Theolodian
Tutor

I cancelled the entire subscription. However, I was billed the next month..

Yeah I couldn't see anywhere to reduce the number of device licenses so I cancelled the entire subscription. However I was billed the next month ANYWAY! So now the app says that my subscription is cancelled (and past the expiration date) but also says that I have 3 device credits available. There's some work to do to sort this out really.

Model: Insight Premium
Message 1 of 13
DerrickL
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Theolodian,

Please PM me the account email address and I'll get the billing issue worked out on your account.

Message 2 of 13
skazi
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry you've experienced these challenges with Insight subscriptions. Insight Premium accepts both monthly and annual subscriptions. We provide 3-days where you can cancel your subscription for a full refund. Beyond that the subscription purchase is final and will run through term. You can cancel but it will apply to the next period. With Insight basic, we only offer the annual subscription, as the price is so low ($4.99/year per device). If you're having this issue aside of these terms, we can look into it. Insight Product Management

Message 3 of 13
Theolodian
Tutor

Thanks for the replies. I guess the online chat is staffed for California hours, it is almost midnight for me. I have a support case now, number 29923530. I cancelled the premium monthly subscription several days before the end of the term, yet it automatically renewed anyway. It isn`t a lot of money, but I don`t want it to carry on forever.

Message 4 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Theolodian,

I checked with NETGEAR Support about your case # 29923530 and found out that a follow-up e-mail has been sent to you by the support expert handling your case.  Kindly respond to it as soon as possible.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 13
Theolodian
Tutor

I appreciate that they are busy but they aren’t listening. I keep getting asked exactly when I cancelled to make sure that it was less than 3 days after the renewal. I cancelled BEFORE the renewal and it renewed anyway. So no they will not see that I cancelled in the first 3 days of the next month. 

Message 6 of 13
Theolodian
Tutor

As an update, here is a screenshot of my subscription status as of today 19 April. You can see that it was cancelled before 27 March, however I have 3 device credits paid for and available in April.

image.png

Message 7 of 13
Theolodian
Tutor

OK, so the 27th has come and gone again. I did get a refund of my $4 for last month. However, I still have 3 device credits and I have received a receipt for this month`s renewal. OK, the receipt is for $0 but still. Now that I am making progress on being able to actually use the cloud I plan to renew my subscription so I won`t be able to test this issue again next month.

Message 8 of 13
skazi
NETGEAR Expert

I hope your issue was resolved. Please Private message me or Derrick if it has not.
Message 9 of 13
SanthoP
NETGEAR Employee

Hi Theolodian,

I hope you have renewed the subscription as you mentioned in your previous comments.

Can you please let us know whether the subscription are properly getting auto-renewed and you are able to access the account and manage devices without any problem?

Message 10 of 13
Theolodian
Tutor

I received an explanation for the zero invoice, so that is fine. I did not get another charge or zero invoice the next month so that is also fine. The improper billing seems to have been a one-off issue.

I have not renewed my subscription or done any more on the cloud/app recently. I expect to get back to that relatively soon. I am managing my Insight switches with the local GUI, however I plan to try managing the WAC510 units with the cloud/app.

Message 11 of 13
SanthoP
NETGEAR Employee

Thanks for the update. Looking forward you get premium subscription to manage your insight switches and APs from CLOUD / Apps

Message 12 of 13
Theolodian
Tutor

Are you working on instructions/tool to migrate from the local GUI to cloud management without breaking the whole network? As it is I really don't see migrating something that is working on local GUI to cloud management.I haven't even seen a clear reference of what can be configured on the cloud vs. local GUI.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements