Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Insight 2.12 on iOS 10.2.1 crashes when invoking My Products

hunger
Apprentice

Insight 2.12 on iOS 10.2.1 crashes when invoking My Products

Insight 2.12 on iOS 10.2.1 crashes 100% of the time when invoking My Products from the MY NETGEAR menu accessible by tapping the icon in the upper right corner. It displays the background and the message  "Please Wait" for a few seconds and then the app crashes. I've tried it on both my iPhone and my iPad and both exhibit the same problem.

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Salauddin
NETGEAR Employee

Hi Henry,

Good to know, the Insight version 2.53 fixed the crash issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience you faced while deleting an Old device, we will consider your suggestion for the Inclusion of serial number .
However, it is advisable to use a configurable/ friendly name to uniquely identify the devices.

For the email concern mentioned, we do see the Cancel and Send options on the top of the Mailing page.
We did check on the IOS version V10.3.2. and the IM2.53, both being the latest.

Please share the below details so we could better understand the issue
1. IOS device and OS version
2. Screenshot for the missing Send & Cancel options

Salauddin

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hunger,

Let me see if I can inquire about this case.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
Salauddin
NETGEAR Employee

Hi Henry,

Apologies for the late response,
FYI...  there's an updated version of Insight Manager on the App store ie V2.42.and an updated IOS version 10.3.2.
Please provide your feedback with these updated versions.
Let us know if you still face the crash issues.

Thanks,

Salauddin

Message 3 of 5
hunger
Apprentice

Hi Salauddin,

The 2.42 version crashed on launch but I updated to 2.53 and that works great, so thanks for that.

May I suggest that you include the device serial number on the tile below the model name? In my case, I had a unit that was replaced and I used the same host name for the replacement unit so the new one showed as online and the old one offline and went to Edit Devices to remove the old one I had no idea which was which. I ended up renaming one and then seeing which one appeared in the Devices Online group and which one appeared in the Devices Offline group and then deleted the offline one and renamed the online back to what it was since it was one I renamed.

Also, for the option to email the event log to support, please add send and cancel buttons as it is not clear how to do either.

Henry

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless),RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 5
Salauddin
NETGEAR Employee

Hi Henry,

Good to know, the Insight version 2.53 fixed the crash issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience you faced while deleting an Old device, we will consider your suggestion for the Inclusion of serial number .
However, it is advisable to use a configurable/ friendly name to uniquely identify the devices.

For the email concern mentioned, we do see the Cancel and Send options on the top of the Mailing page.
We did check on the IOS version V10.3.2. and the IM2.53, both being the latest.

Please share the below details so we could better understand the issue
1. IOS device and OS version
2. Screenshot for the missing Send & Cancel options

Salauddin

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements