Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight BR 500 VPN client cannot connect - Update publickey fail

scgordo
Aspirant

Insight BR 500 VPN client cannot connect - Update publickey fail

When I try to connect to my network through the Insight VPN client, I get a broken connection and an error that read "Update publickey fail"

I have tried updating to the most recent firmware (5.8.0.1), and get the same error. Nothing else has changed since being able to connect as expected just last week.

I am trying to connect from my Windows 10 PC offsite, as I cannot get to my office. Another colleague is also unable to connect from his home, while being able to connect just fine last week.

Included is a screenshot of my error.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 5
scgordo
Aspirant

Re: Insight BR 500 VPN client cannot connect - Update publickey fail

I also just tried removing and rebuilding the VPN group to the device, as that had fixed a previous issue. No luck.

Message 2 of 5
jmcdpugall
Tutor

I have had the same issues.

I have deleted the VPN group but If I try to recreate it, I get an error and cannot recreate the VPN group.

Any ideas?

Message 3 of 5
INICK
Aspirant

I had the same problem. Then I deleted the group and created it again. Now the client has my group twice and nothing works. The client does not connect. But my BR500 are online and have a site to site connection. The support does not answer anymore. Will probably leave the 3rd br500 packed. So I can't give the stuff to a client.

Message 4 of 5
DaedalusK71
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue.  Did you find a solution to this?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements