Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Cloud Portal Interface Language Selection

Iruwen
Aspirant

Insight Cloud Portal Interface Language Selection

I must be blind - where in the Insight Cloud Portal do I set the interface language? It's an ugly mix of German and English, I just want it in English like all my management and device interfaces.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Insight Cloud Portal Interface Language Selection

The portal strictly follows the language preference list supplied by the web browser, configured either on the browser or the OS platform.

The ugly mix comes from a work-in-progress translation lag, e.g. where German is requested.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The portal strictly follows the language preference list supplied by the web browser, configured either on the browser or the OS platform.

The ugly mix comes from a work-in-progress translation lag, e.g. where German is requested.

Message 2 of 5
Iruwen
Aspirant

I was afraid that would be the answer. That would be acceptable for a free community project at best, but I know complaining is useless, so I'll just stick with local device management instead of being beta tester for a paid cloud service.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Iruwen this was a community answer - I'm not Netgear here. Technically correct approach is using _only_ automatic browser based language selection. No idea why the translation has a backlog ... we're using English in the upper end of the preference list - auch wenn wenn ich in der Schweiz aufgewachsen bin und hier wohne, verstehe den Deutschen IT-Slang einfach nicht 8-)

@YeZ has Netgear any details on the ongoing translation work to share?

Message 4 of 5
Iruwen
Aspirant

I'm not gonna argue about what's correct or not, there are good reasons to have that setting, that's why most sites have it.

I don't care about the German localization, even if complete and correct it would be useless.

My life doesn't depend on Insight, so I'm simply not gonna use it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements