Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Insight Management App and Access Control

coljediv
Aspirant

Insight Management App and Access Control

Hi,

Not sure how many of you use Access Control Lists (Allow Mode) with your configurations.   I have recently added three WAC 510 APs to my configuration.  Prior to that I just used a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 for all my Wifi needs.  Being somewhat obsessive about things, I have been using Access Control for all of the devices that connect to my router.  That ACL is still in effect now, even though I have all but one wireless devices now connected to the APs.

Although I'm not sure why I'm so obsessive about this (another topic), I would like to transition my Access Control from the router to the APs.  I am managing those APs using the Insight Management App.  I haven't been able to find any way to batch input allowed MAC addresses for the APs.  There was a way, although with some bugs, when I was managing the APs locally via a web browser.  Is there a batch method, or do I have to painfully enter the MAC addresses one at a time for each AP via the app?

Message 1 of 2
SalauddinK
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Insight Management App and Access Control

Hi Coljediv,

Welcome to the Netgear Community,

As of the latest Netgear Insight App, yes it's a Manual effort to configure the MAC ACL (Allow).

But, be assured, there is an Enhanced MAC ACL feature in the next update.

It would be a lot more easier/ Intuitive to configure the MAC ACL feature.

The Suggestion for Batch mode MAC ACL can be considered in the future enhancements.

We Appreciate your Inputs !!.

Thanks,

Salauddin

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements