Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Monitor Capability

SamSawor86
Aspirant

Insight Monitor Capability

Hi All, 

I have a couple of question regarding the new insight monitor capability:

1. what level of packet monitoring that the BR500 provided through the cloud access? for example, can I capture the incoming and outgoing Packets? or Can I monitor the type of traffic on my network?
2. can I run a live uplink connectivity monitor and speed test (for internet connection)?
3. can I monitor a number of dropped packets on the specific switch's port?

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Insight Monitor Capability

Hi @SamSawor86,

Insight 5.1 adds the support for BR500 which includes the following:

• Ability to add router device to Insight.
  • Create VPN groups with up to three BR500 devices.
  • Creation and management of VPN users, as well as individual client connection with Insight VPN app.

When managing the BR500 through Insight 5.1, you can view detailed information of the device such as:

• Connected Clients
  • Statistics
  • VPN Users
  • Traffic from the device
  • VPN groups the device is connected to

1. what level of packet monitoring that the BR500 provided through the cloud access? for example, can I capture the incoming and outgoing Packets? or Can I monitor the type of traffic on my network?

With regard to monitoring the type of traffic on the network via Insight, I will need to inquire this.  However via Insight 5.1, it detects the traffic through the BR500 as shown in the image below:

2. can I run a live uplink connectivity monitor and speed test (for internet connection)?
3. can I monitor a number of dropped packets on the specific switch's port?

With regards to these questions, there is Diagnostics on Insight 5.1.  Currently, we do not have a BR500 to specifically check if live uplink connectivity, speed test and packet capture/monitoring can be done via Insight.  I'll get back to you after I inquire this. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
SamSawor86
Aspirant

Hi @DaneA,

Thank you for the reply,

I looking forward to getting your answer.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @SamSawor86,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  It was confirmed that the following are not possible via Insight:

• Capture the incoming and outgoing packets of BR500.
  • Monitor the type of traffic of the BR500 network.
  • Run a live uplink connectivity monitor and speed test (for internet connection) of BR500.
  • Monitor a number of dropped packets on the specific port of the BR500.  It only lists the sent/received packets but not dropped packets.

It would be best to post the following above as feature request for Insight in the Idea Exchange for Business Board here.   

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements