Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Insight managed router

webmarck
Follower

Insight managed router

I am woundering if you plan to add any of the existing routers to the insight managed app? I would like to be able to manage all my network notifications, vlan settings, firmware management, traffic shapping, monitoring inside one app

Model: Insight Premium, Insight Basic
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Which current Netgear router does support industry standard VLANs? This is the show-stopper #1 for your idea I'm afraid.

Starting from Insight 4 released this month, Orbi Pro seems to have got some limited support -> https://www.netgear.com/about/press-releases/2018/NETGEAR-INSIGHT.aspx - limited, so no VLAN support here, too.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@webmarck Please don't get me wrong: I'm absolute positive on what Netgear does on Insight. While Netgear has lots of interesting products for switching and wireless access, the Nighthawk routers are stuck on specs from the late 1990ties and are much to limiting in any aspect. Expansion using Smart Managed Plus or Smart Managed Pro (both with manual config) or Insight Switches and Insight Wireless Access points is simply not feasible - lack of what I call design on their router side.

Message 3 of 4
nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Webmarck,

Have you tried router mode in WAC510 ? It does have VLAN, DHCP server for each VLAN.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements