Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue w Wireless Options with Insight Managed Orbi

Issue w Wireless Options with Insight Managed Orbi

In the Netgear Orbi Pro (SXR80), there is an option in wifi setup that supports "WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal".  I had everything setup local, then tried to add the router to Insight management.  A few things occurred that don't seem to be correct:

First, I noticed on the Insight wifi page that Security is set to "None" for all of my wifi networks.  If I go in to re-apply security to the network, the "WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal" option doesn't exist:  I either have to go with WPA3 or WPA2.

I've tried a factory re-install and the same issue occurs.  Is this option going to be supported by Insight?

Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Issue w Wireless Options with Insight Managed Orbi

@TheGrumpyGent,

What is the current firmware version of your SXR80?

Do you have an Insight Premium subscription or Insight Pro subscription?

Kindly post screenshots that shows "WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal" locally and Security page in Insight wherein it shows no option for "WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal."

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7

@DaneA wrote:

@TheGrumpyGent,

What is the current firmware version of your SXR80?

Do you have an Insight Premium subscription or Insight Pro subscription?

Kindly post screenshots that shows "WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal" locally and Security page in Insight wherein it shows no option for "WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal."

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Hi @dane , thanks for the reply!  I have the Insight Premium sub that comes with the SXR80, and I have the latest firmware (V4.2.0.122).

I've attached a screenshot of the security options from within the Insight portal, as well as the options visible within the local admin UI.  You can see the "WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal" option isn't available from Insight.

Message 3 of 7

Here is the Insight Portal options (only let me have one attachment at a time 🙂

Message 4 of 7
jchen135
Aspirant

I have the exact same setup and issue
Message 5 of 7

Hi @DaneA , please let me know what you find.

Message 6 of 7

Also, as a side question:  If I go back into the local UI and change the settings back to WPA3 + WPA2, the Insight portal shows the network as having no encryption (shows "None").  The local UI shows the WPA3 + WPA2.

1) Which is correct?  Is it just the Insight portal not having the option so shows "None" even though my wifi is protected, or is Insight actually turning off any encryption for the wifi network?

2) If I change the setting from the local UI, will Insight overwrite it anyway?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements