Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issues with Insight and WAC510's

tomshawacob
Tutor

Issues with Insight and WAC510's

I am having issues with my WAC510's I have six deployed at my church and I can not get to their configuration page on insight. When I try to get to their configuration, I get an error. I can put the WAC510's in standalone mode and they work fine, if I upload them to the insight portal, changing their management to insight. I can not get to their configuration. It seems that my insight web portal and their configuration is corrupted. Should I delete the entire insight account, reset all of the WAC510's and start from scratch? It appears that perhaps a firmware update somehow corrupted the insight's ability to manage them. Any thoughts or guidance would be very appreciated. They are all currently in version 9.0.0.21 firmware. 

Thank you

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
tomshawacob
Tutor

Resolution, Just an FYI Insight corrupoted the SSID's I had to delete them and recreate them. That fixed it. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @tomshawacob 

What is the error message you are seeing? Was it working in previous FW without any issues?

Enable tech support and send me account details to me via PM.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 9
tomshawacob
Tutor

The message I see, no matter what I do, on the insight app or on the webpage is,  I go to the administration of the WAC510 I try to make a change to the configuration, I make the change and when I go to save the change it gives me an error that what you are requesting to do is not available at this time. I have released the insight portal to tech support. Currently I have the the WAC510's in standalone mode as it was the only way to make the necessary changes in their confighuration. 

On Tuesday of last week, I brought one of the WAC510's to standalone mode, I made the changes and then I put it back to insight management. Thinking that it would force the WAC510 to go back to configuration mode on the insight portal. The changes that I made on the WAC510 were not kept and the WAC510 reverted back to its previous insight configuration. 

Please let me know what you find or what you suggest I do. 

Message 3 of 9
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@tomshawacob  Thanks for the additional details. Could you please manage your WAC510s with Insight? Currently all are in standalone mode. 

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 4 of 9
tomshawacob
Tutor

They have all been moved back to Insight Management.

They now will not let me make any configuration changes again. 

Message 5 of 9
tomshawacob
Tutor

I have attached a screen shot of the SSID configuration page which as you can see shows the 4 WAC510's without SSID management from insight. Even though each unit has the 4 SSID's already on them. It seems that there is an issue with insight. If I go to make a change I get an error that on of the parematers is invalid. I have 3 vlans set up on our Netgear Firewall that direct the three SSID's to have seperate ip ranges. I am also including a screen shot of the error page when I try to make a change on the insight portal to the SSID's below is a link to the page before I try to make a change. 

Here is a link to the photo of what I see from my insight access for the SSID's

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iafWXnRwkwdpF6luomoelVuSWvpgie-R/view?usp=sharing 

I hope all of this helps find a solution to the issue. 

Message 6 of 9
tomshawacob
Tutor

One last thing, the 5th and 6th WAC510's are a wireless repeater and it;t receiver which when I set them up were not manageable in insight.

Which is why you only see 4 of them. 

Message 7 of 9
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @tomshawacob 

Thank you for the details. Our support team will reach you to more details. 

Raghu

Message 8 of 9
tomshawacob
Tutor

Resolution, Just an FYI Insight corrupoted the SSID's I had to delete them and recreate them. That fixed it. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements