Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Managing Wi-Fi Schedule Through Insight APP

FlorenceB
Aspirant

Managing Wi-Fi Schedule Through Insight APP

I've found documentation to adjust the Wi-Fi Schedule for my WAC510, but I'm only able to enable this setting when it's not being managed by the Netgear Insight Cloud app. As soon as I enable remote management, this setting is removed.

So far, I've been unable to find a way to enable a schedule through the Insight App.( IE - On Monday-Fri 7a.m. tp 5 PM, Off otherwise).

It seems I have to the make the choice between scheduled Wi-Fi and remote management.... which seems odd. Can anyone inform me if there is a way to make this change? Thank you.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
SalauddinK
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Managing Wi-Fi Schedule Through Insight APP

Hi @FlorenceB,

Apologies for the Situation you are in, to choose between the Remote Management & Wireless Scheduling.

Yes, as of today's latest App Version V3.1.5 there is no support for Wireless Schedule.

But, be assured this feature would be incorpoated soon in the near future updates.

we are tracking this internally & keep you posted on this.

Also to mention, we are continuosly enhancing the Netgear Insight experience.

Thanks,
SalauddinK.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @FlorenceB,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Currently, I do not have an Android or iOS device to check on this.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Are you using the Insight App in an Android device or iOS device?

b. What version of Insight App are you using?    If ever its not yet the latest version which is v3.1.5, you may download it here then kindly check if the same problem occur.  

c. What is the current firmware version of your WAC510? If ever its not yet the latest version which is v3.1.0.12, you may download it here.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset on the WAC510 after doing a firmware upgrade then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Observe if same problem will occur. 

It would help if you would kindly post images or screenshots as well.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
FlorenceB
Aspirant

Managing via IOS app verision 3.1.5
WAC510 is on firmware version 3.1.0.12

Let me see If I can clarify the issue we are experiencing.

The WAC510 Wi-Fi router when used as a stand alone access point has Wi-Fi scheduling functionality . I found the documentation to make this change under http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WAC510/WAC510_UM_EN.pdf
on page 57 "Set Up a WiFi On/Off Schedule for the Radios".
However once I change the management from local to remote/cloud the option to change this setting LOCALLY is removed. This would imply that there would be a way to make this setting change through the insight app managing the router. As of yet, I have been unable to locate this setting within the app.

We're looking to purchase and use these routers at all of our locations, and this is a required setting for us to proceed.

I can supply screenshots if necessary, but I'm unsure as to what to provide? A screenshot of the option disappearing on the router(I would think this would be expected) or a screen shot of all settings possible on the insight app( would take awhile).

Let me know how we should proceed.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The Insight App (v3) management feature set for the Wireless side is always a sub-set of the full WAC505/WAC510 Web controls available. It's a work in progress, next Insight release will include more features. This is all up to the Netgear Insight product management. These feature requests should be forwarded within Netgear, even if I'm convinced that the people in charge are reading here. 

Message 4 of 5
SalauddinK
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @FlorenceB,

Apologies for the Situation you are in, to choose between the Remote Management & Wireless Scheduling.

Yes, as of today's latest App Version V3.1.5 there is no support for Wireless Schedule.

But, be assured this feature would be incorpoated soon in the near future updates.

we are tracking this internally & keep you posted on this.

Also to mention, we are continuosly enhancing the Netgear Insight experience.

Thanks,
SalauddinK.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements