Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Insight

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear Insight

I foolishly signed up for Insight to see what consumer features were available.  Now I recognize that I can neither delete my account or get Netgear to respect my 'do not send email to this account' setting.  I recognize that neither of these features really provide any benefit to Netgear so I can see how they were missed in the implementation.

I had a chat session with a nice person who was 100% unable to solve my problem for real, but did offer to change my email address to insight@netgear.com.  An hour later I got another status update from the Insight system on the e-mail address that was supposedly removed.  I just logged back in with the same e-mail address even though it is no longer on my account.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to rid myself of Netgear communications.

Message 1 of 5
SalauddinK
NETGEAR Expert

Hello @Retired_Member

we are very sorry to hear about your experience.

Please communicate to us about your expectations.

You can always disable the mail communications from Netgear.

please follow the below, 

1. Log in to https://my.netgear.com

2. Go to My Profile 

3. Edit your preferences (Last but one)

Let me put forth the Netgear Insight capabilities, if it finds your interest.

The Netgear Insight App (a cloud solution), enpowers the user to remotely Register, Manage & Monitor
his network (range of netgear devices*), All this for free* (two devices).

Now that you have signed up, please feel free to experience the Netgear Insight App.

you can always disable the mail communiations using this App and still continue to use Netgear Insight App. 

Thanks,

Salauddin

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Salauddin,

This is exactly my point - I had my email preferences set to "do not send me email" but I continue to get email. 

Also now I can't log into MyNetgear now, because the tech support person changed my email address.   So  I told you not to send me mail and you sent me mail.  I tried to delete my account and was told that that is not possible.  I had my email address changed in the account and you STILL SEND ME MAIL to the address that was originally added.

This is not something that I'm doing wrong or misunderstanding, but rather a 3-point failing on the part of Netgear:

1.   Once an account is created there is no way for the consumer to delete that account.  If this was implemented, I'd already be gone.

2.   You offer the choice not to receive e-mails and then do not honor this setting.  While this is sadly common in the industry, it's bad practice and generally disrespectful to customers.

3.   Even after that e-mail has been removed, it is STILL in your system and you continue to use it.

So what I get is the same **bleep**ty customer experience that has come to be the standard:  I'm left with a minor problem that nobody cares to resolve.

Message 3 of 5
BretD
Admin

I know your account has been retired now, but I just wanted to say, thanks for your patience in this matter, and I'm glad we were able to take care of it. If any other users have an issue like this in the future, please reach out to our support team.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

There's a section for Notifications within the Insight app.

The check box you mark from MyNETGEAR is regarding marketing material. The service related information you have to go into the Insight app and go to Notifications and turn off e-mail alerts. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements