Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRR60 Curl Get Return Code 52

MagicTorch
Follower

SRR60 Curl Get Return Code 52

Hi All

Any idea what this means, appears every minute, (see attached,) under “Warnings” in the Insight logs.

One router and one satellite. It’s coming from the router.

Thanks a lot 🙂
Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 11
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @MagicTorch 

Did you observed any issue when you see this event? Also it would be helpful if you can help us this notification can come without any client connected? If not any traffic is causing this notification?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 11
KenC66
Initiate

I am seeing the same thing on my Orbi Pro system.  Seems like everythig is working fine except the mobile app.  While still able to access the functions of the router, it is not displaying the most updated information about the system.  Uptime is incorrect (says 34 days and I just rebooted yesterday) and the firmware version is displaying incorrectly.  It is like the Insight server cannot access the information on the router but everything else seems to be working perfectly.

I've attached a screenshot of what I am seeing...

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 3 of 11
Danny_R
Aspirant

Hi all,

Facing the same issue. Uptime is correct however. Config is a router 3 satellites and 1 outdoor.

Brgrds,

Danny

Message 4 of 11
KenC66
Initiate

Spent 2 hours on hold yesterday with Tech Support to actually talk to someone, and I got this fixed.  Had to remove the Orbi system from the Insight App, facotry reset the router and reconfiguire everything.  Luckily, my configuration back ups did not cause the problem to start again.  Still no idea on an actual cause, but this fixed it.  

Message 5 of 11
Danny_R
Aspirant

Hi Kenc66,

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try this weekend and come back afterwards.

Brgrds,

Danny

Message 6 of 11
ADoppel
Tutor

Thanks for the info! I have the same problem, getting this every 5 minutes or more often:

curl_get Return code: 52, Error string: Error, Error buffer: Empty reply from server

I did a full factory reset yesterday, then it seemeed to work (SRR60 and two satellites). I then applied the config backup, but a bit afterwards it was back at it again... I didn't have time to do yet another factory reset and manual config, and I'm not sure if it was applying the backup anyway or if it just doesn't work.

Did anyone else get any actual feedback from Netgear?

Message 7 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ADoppel / @Danny_R / @KenC66 / @MagicTorch,

Kindly read the update of @RaghuHR here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 11
kimballct
Aspirant

Hi all,

I’m getting this Warning notification also. Not sure what is causing it. Doesn’t seem like it’s affecting my Orbi Pro network. Router and two satellites. I just spent most of morning on chat with netgear because I updated my firmware to 2.5.3.108. Don’t do it! Caused my app to show satellites disconnected. Rep told me to download old firmware and install back to 2.5.2.104. So I did. Not sure if this has anything to do with the warning Notification from which I don’t think I was getting before. I still have a case open so I added the error message to see what they can tell me. I’ll post back if I get a answer.

Orbi is still the best router I’ve owned!!!
Message 9 of 11
Danny_R
Aspirant

Hi kimballct,

I got the problem with the v2.5.2.104 software. I also upgraded to 2.5.3.108 (router & all satellites, eve have to upgrade one of the satellites manually)

After the update I had the same issues you had with disconnected satellites.

I rebooted my router and my satellites one by one and after that everything stabilized.

No more messages in Insight and all satellites show up.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Brgrds,

Danny

Message 10 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ADoppel / @Danny_R / @KenC66 / @MagicTorch / @kimballct,

Just an update.  The new SRR60 / SRS60 Firmware Version 2.5.3.110 has been officially released.  One of its bug fixes is it fixed the issue where the notification "curl_get Return code: 52" appears frequently in Insight app or Insight Cloud portal.  As reference, kindly read the release notes and download it here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements